• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shocker998md

Ultimate Member
    May 29, 2009
    Snow Hill MD
    Rock island 1911 with some Wilson parts at 12 yards went from this with 4.8 grains of tight group, 230 rn hornady, winchester primer.

To this with 5 grains of tight group. The two drops were 100% me pushing into the trigger and being sloppy.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Wow... that is a significant difference. Tell the truth, where you drinking before the first set :-)

If you work up loads in small increments you will find accuracy nodes with varying dispersion in between. Once you find the sweet spot stay with it because if you change anything you need to start working up loads to find the sweet spot again. Reloading is all about the variables.

And the sweet spot for your rifle may be different than the sweet spot that works in my rifle even using the same components.

shocker998md

Ultimate Member
    May 29, 2009
    Snow Hill MD
    Wow... that is a significant difference. Tell the truth, where you drinking before the first set :-)

Nope not until I was done reloading for that night.

I swear every shot on the first target felt good too. I've stuck with this load for right now and loaded up an ammo can full.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    That's pretty cool - I had no idea that .2 gr would have that big of a difference. I've always had pretty consistent accuracy with Bullseye, no matter what charge I've used.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I've quit using a lot of powders because they didn't meter well, or had a big velocity and accuracy spread with a small change in charge weight titegroup being one of them. Been really happy with CFE pistol in service caliber autos and Bullseye is my trusty standard in revolver/45ACP. Some like Power pistol are hugely versatile in magnum auto calibers like 10mm, 38super and 360 Rowland. In my 45/460Rowland It gives me good performance from powderpuff 6.5gr under a 230gr for 800FPS up to 12.5gr under a 230gr XTP for 1350FPS, never found a load with it that doesn't shoot well.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    That's pretty cool - I had no idea that .2 gr would have that big of a difference. I've always had pretty consistent accuracy with Bullseye, no matter what charge I've used.

Tightgroup typically has a very small range from min to max. 0.1 gr can make a dramatic difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom