• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    My other half is awesome. Last week I dropped 700 on a Ruger Gunsite Scout rifle, no biggie. She knew it was coming. Alas...... I went to Howard county today. For a few years I have always adored a Sig P220 SAS compact, but new prices $900-$1000 had been too steep. That's the beauty with Sig certified used. So I walked by Just Guns table and saw it, a certified, two tone, P220 SAS compact .45 for just a trickle over 600. My pistol shopping is done for at least a year :) Oh, Momma had no problem. I had just bought her a new granite kitchen counter top today before I left for the show :)

Attachments

• sig.jpeg
      sig.jpeg
      49.2 KB · Views: 288

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Sweet! I'm more interested in the Scout though. The Sig is sweet though.
    I bought an extra ruger 10 round mag for 40 bucks from the dealer. I bought 2, 5 round polymer Ruger mags from cheaper than dirt. That is what you see in her right now for the pose. The shotty is a Mossberg Thunder Ranch 500 with the DNA sampler :) and cheapo ELP 38 light and laser.

Attachments

• 20120223_113714.jpg
      20120223_113714.jpg
      46.5 KB · Views: 255

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Nice. I may have to look into that one myself...:thumbsup:

I have been a Sig fan, especially a sig .357 caliber fan for the better part of 10 years because of work. Secretly I have been wanting some sort of .45 (read 1911) for awhile too. A new P220 .45 just like this was always crazy unreachable at a new price. So I forgot about even considering one. Until today and It was a no brainer.

I want a sig as well but I will wait till my employer issues us our glock and sells our 226 back to us on the cheap :) I would prefer a .45 over our 9mm but at the price there talking I'll take the 9mm it's honestly the only one I've ever liked. oh and congrats you will have a verry nice pistol the one I have is very old (well over 15yrs I think) and had an ass load of rounds through it (well over 10k+) and still works fine like an old work horse.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I am on my 2nd work Sig in 10 years. Well into 30k rounds in the second one. I was hot for a 1911 but figured I should just stay with the same platform I've been training with forever. Only thing now is that I have to buy ammo for this sucka :( I love Sigs

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    SIG makes 1911s too..........see my images.

Oh I know. The thing with this was the cost too. If I wanted to drop 1100 on a pistol, I would have dropped it on this a year ago. But the certified used price on this near new was 629. A no brainer. I will be carrying this off duty, much smaller and easier than the 229 work pistola.

I am so used to the Sig DA/SA decock action, I feel it is just best for me to stick with that for this off duty gun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    KD96

Latest threads

Top Bottom