• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    I can't make it up there for the show this weekend, but if you don't sell the M1 Garands there I'd be curious to get some info on them.

I don't know any details about them, but I walked by at closing time today and I did see two Garands getting packed up to go back home with Brian.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Top Hat weeps
    had to look it up. lolol

They were fat, ugly men with wicked faces [...] dressed in a long black coat which was called a frock coat, and a queer, shiny hat shaped like a stovepipe, which was called a top hat. This was the uniform of the capitalists, and no one else was allowed to wear it."

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    These gun shows always have horrible pricing on guns and ammunition. I’ve heard dealers say they upcharge as high as they can at gun shows because that’s where the most gullible gun buyers go. I avoid most gun shows these days.
    Agree for the most part. Timonium is one of the worst. At least at York and Gettysburg I can find more C&R stuff and higher cap mags

smileycloser

Apr 7, 2022
    from what i've read here, other than the antiques show once a year, i'll be passing on any more maryland shows.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    had to look it up. lolol

They were fat, ugly men with wicked faces [...] dressed in a long black coat which was called a frock coat, and a queer, shiny hat shaped like a stovepipe, which was called a top hat. This was the uniform of the capitalists, and no one else was allowed to wear it."

No, google won't help, I think he's talking about Top Hat the person who used to be a popular fixture at MD and Southern PA gun shows.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    :thumbsup:

Didn't know his name, but he was a character.
    He was a character and a good guy. He had the sales business and also was a firearms instructor.
    He conducted LEOSA qualification classes at a range in NJ.

herkybird72

2A Defender
    Dec 1, 2011
    Freedomland,NC
    No, google won't help, I think he's talking about Top Hat the person who used to be a popular fixture at MD and Southern PA gun shows.
    I used to enjoy stopping at his booth at the old Silverado show in Upper Marlboro. I think I still have a big bag of patches I bought from him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom