• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Went to the range for a little while after dinner to see if my $100 shotgun actually did what a shotgun is supposed to do.

Took two ancient boxes of Remington Game Loads to the range.

Pros: Shotgun goes bang every time. Double triggers are easy and a second shot is effortless to get, whether you use rear trigger first or front trigger first. Shotgun shoulders well and the forend allows for a nice firm grip. 2.75 inch chambers (extractors, not ejectors). I don't like chasing ejected shells. I like the Greener style crossbolt, as well.

Cons: Hammer springs from hell. Takes eleven men to pull back the hammers. Kicks like a pissed off mule. (That is the first time I have said that about any shotgun).

Verdict: I love the thing. It's probably going to be a supplemental HD gun and occasional range gun.

Barrels are fixed choke (Modified and Improved Cylinder).

The bluing and wood are not ideal. The shotgun is not too refined, but built like a battleship. I have a feeling this gun was not very used at all. It's a little stiff like a new shotgun and locks up tight.

11390195_10155603942470585_9039706017198584591_n.jpg

10474801_10155603942495585_5960107854134379254_n.jpg

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Some of my pards in SASS shoot hammered doubles. They cock the hammers when the action is open by using the palm of their off hands to cock both at the same time. Then they load two, close the action, and fire the shotgun. Most of the YouTube videos I've seen don't address the hammered guns, but the principles of loading are shown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom