• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    Going to be in Elizabethtown in two weeks. I need to pick up some Glock mags. Preferably some magpul ones. Anyone have any insight into either of these places? Has Covid still wiped out their inventory, or have they restocked? TIA

whoops! Auto correct got me…..meant Lanco

Last edited:

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Last time I was at Trop's back at Christmas time it was barren. No reloading stuff at all, not even a place on the shelf for it. Gun shelves and racks were empty. Thought they were going out of business. Since you're going to be there anyways it can't hurt to stop. There's a place on W.High Street near the railroad tracks. I think it's Lanco or something like that. TJ Rockwell's on Mt.Gretna rd (rt. 241) is a good place to eat, or Gus's Keystone Restaurant in Mount Joy is also good.

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    TJ Rockwell’s is my daughter‘s favorite. When we visit her and there is time for dinner, we usually end up there. Too bad to hear about Trop. Maybe I will try Lanco. I suppose I could stop at New Freedom Armory off of 83, but I sure there is a mark up since it is close to the border.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Last time I was at Trop's back at Christmas time it was barren. No reloading stuff at all, not even a place on the shelf for it. Gun shelves and racks were empty. Thought they were going out of business. Since you're going to be there anyways it can't hurt to stop. There's a place on W.High Street near the railroad tracks. I think it's Lanco or something like that. TJ Rockwell's on Mt.Gretna rd (rt. 241) is a good place to eat, or Gus's Keystone Restaurant in Mount Joy is also good.

Glad you posted this. Been a few years since I was last there, but the place was teeming with reloading supplies and Mec gar magazines both.

I hope they're still a viable store. Curious to hear if anyone has been there lately. Or if someone will be stopping by soon, please advise your observations.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Always try Lanco first, they are cheaper, and while smaller have a better stock of things like mags, know they had PMAGs and OEM GLOCK mags a few weeks ago. I buy most all of my NFA stuff from them, Phil is cool, and will help you out. Trop might or might not have them, and tend to have more el-cheapo parts. Still a good shop that has done a lot for PA's 2A community, and all of 5 minutes from Lanco, so almost have to stop by both.

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    UPDATE…….visited both today. Was able to pick up a single Magpul Glock mag at Trop. It was the only G17 mag they had (Magpul or OEM). Store seemed pretty well stocked. I don’t reload, so I wasn’t sure what I was looking at, but the shelves seemed pretty full. As we’re all the other shelves, including ammo.

Also made the trip to Lanco. I was able to score three Magpul mags and three OEM FDE mags. They did have plenty of other OEM mags too. All in all, they seemed pretty well stocked too. Was hoping to maybe grab a D60, but they only had a D50 left. They did have a Beta Mag, but I didn’t want to drop the money on that.

I’ll definitely keep these places in mind when I come back up this way.

jmiller320

Ultimate Member
    Aug 7, 2008
    Havre de Grace
    Last time I went to Trop in Elizabethtown I thought I was invisible. I stood infront of a counter where an employee was on the phone. He finished his call and walked away, never acknowledging my prescience. He walked to the other end of the counter and struck up a conversation with two other employees that never looked up from their conversation. Another employee was on the floor talking to another couple like it was old home week. I headed to the checkout section and someone I thought was a manager walked by and joind the old home week conversation. I left with out making a purchase. I did go to the new location in Gap as they were advertising a sale at both locations back in December. Staff there was very attentive and helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom