• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    Never heard of it before. I have had Anthonys pizza which from reading articles sounds like same owners, and it was ok. Not nearly as good as Kings!

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Never heard of it before. I have had Anthonys pizza which from reading articles sounds like same owners, and it was ok. Not nearly as good as Kings!

Tudor's Biscuit World is a WV-based chain, so unlike the pizza shop, this will have corporate recipes, etc. making sure that everything is up to snuff. There are no better biscuits in the world.

Tudor’s ain’t bad but they’re not as good as Biscuitville but the closes‘ one is Lynchburg, Va
    Bulllllllll sh*t on that one. Biscuitville is a crappy knock-off of Tudor's Biscuit World, is based out of NC, and pales in comparison. We will have none of this "Biscuitville" speak in the Best Virginia sub-forum. Back to the "Virginia-Which-Bet-On-The-Wrong-Side-Of-The-Civil-War" sub-forum with you!

Next thing you know, you're going to try to tell me that the Hinton DQ ain't bad, but the one in FSK mall is better.....

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Tudor's Biscuit World is a WV-based chain, so unlike the pizza shop, this will have corporate recipes, etc. making sure that everything is up to snuff. There are no better biscuits in the world.

Bulllllllll sh*t on that one. Biscuitville is a crappy knock-off of Tudor's Biscuit World, is based out of NC, and pales in comparison. We will have none of this "Biscuitville" speak in the Best Virginia sub-forum. Back to the "Virginia-Which-Bet-On-The-Wrong-Side-Of-The-Civil-War" sub-forum with you!

Next thing you know, you're going to try to tell me that the Hinton DQ ain't bad, but the one in FSK mall is better.....
    DQ? Oh, NFW would anybody that knows anything about eating real food in the Shenandoah would go to a DFuchingQ if you ever been to Spelunker‘s in Ft Royal. Cavern Burgers and Frozen Custard FTW!

If you think DQ is good than you obviously don’t know good food especially if you think that Tudor’s Buttermilk Brick is better than Biscuitville‘s flaky deliciousness.

West-by-God Virginians may know something about Pepperoni Rolls but when it comes to Buttermilk Biscuits, GTFO of the Valley and leave it to the real Virginians

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    I think both are great. Biscuitville has the superior menu selection. Biscuitville Biscuits n' gravy are incredible but, damn, one Thundering Herd biscuit from Tudor's (with a large chocolate milk) will get you all the way to dinner time.

Sampson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 24, 2013
    White Marsh
    Tudor’s ain’t bad but they’re not as good as Biscuitville but the closes‘ one is Lynchburg, Va
    Ate at this one back in early April. It was pretty good. Couple we were with was talking about Tudor's, so I guess we'll have to take a ride to Martinsburg when it opens.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    DQ? Oh, NFW would anybody that knows anything about eating real food in the Shenandoah would go to a DFuchingQ if you ever been to Spelunker‘s in Ft Royal. Cavern Burgers and Frozen Custard FTW!

If you think DQ is good than you obviously don’t know good food especially if you think that Tudor’s Buttermilk Brick is better than Biscuitville‘s flaky deliciousness.

West-by-God Virginians may know something about Pepperoni Rolls but when it comes to Buttermilk Biscuits, GTFO of the Valley and leave it to the real Virginians
    You really should go to the Hinton DQ if you ever get the chance. It's a legacy franchise from back when DQ was the only "fast food" restaurant that would attempt to make headway into the central Appalachian territory. Real burgers, hot dogs on buttered and grilled split-top buns with chili and slaw, pinto beans 'n' cornbread, hand-breaded fried chicken, you name it. All with a view to kill for right on the New River (and not that crappy section that runs through SW VA). Virginians can think they're better, but at least my home state isn't as purple as Grimace, didn't vote a convicted pedophile to the general assembly, and has constitutional carry.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    The Hinton DQ sounds like it's worthy of a stop and your description would work for Spelunker's in Ft Royal with their "Cavern" burgers, hot dogs and some of the very best frozen custard around. That Kohrs Brothers and Dumpsters down the ocean doesn't even come close.

I was just joking since I can't say anything bad about West Virginia after all my time spent there from Camp Dawson down to Dolly Sods, Seneca Rocks and Canaan Valley.

My father's ancestral home is Sperryville, Va and I have met folks with the same surname from Elkins, Circleville and Riverton so I assume their distant cousins and clan to me.

What makes that area so special and endearing is not Virginia or West Virgina because they're man-made lines on a map.

It's the Blue Ridge and Appalachians and that heavenly spot called the Shenandoah Valley. If you don’t believe in an Almighty, just watch the sun rise over the Blue Ridge and stream over the Valley. Then come evening watch the sun fade over the Appalachians and the stars begin to fill the night sky. That's God Made.

John Denver was fuchin' right.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    The Hinton DQ sounds like it's worthy of a stop and your description would work for Spelunker's in Ft Royal with their "Cavern" burgers, hot dogs and some of the very best frozen custard around. That Kohrs Brothers and Dumpsters down the ocean doesn't even come close.

I was just joking since I can't say anything bad about West Virginia after all my time spent there from Camp Dawson down to Dolly Sods, Seneca Rocks and Canaan Valley.

My father's ancestral home is Sperryville, Va and I have met folks with the same surname from Elkins, Circleville and Riverton so I assume their distant cousins and clan to me.

What makes that area so special and endearing is not Virginia or West Virgina because they're man-made lines on a map.

It's the Blue Ridge and Appalachians and that heavenly spot called the Shenandoah Valley. If you don’t believe in an Almighty, just watch the sun rise over the Blue Ridge and stream over the Valley. Then come evening watch the sun fade over the Appalachians and the stars begin to fill the night sky. That's God Made.

John Denver was fuchin' right.

I hear ya brother, I was just giving you a hard time since I'm a born-and-raised Tudor's fan (when Obama butchered "Tudor's" by pronouncing it like "Two-Doors" I nearly had an aneurism) so I hope that sarcasm and fun with it came across alright. I do love the 'doah valley. My personal slice of heaven is the Greenbrier River, especially between Durbin and Marlinton. It's second only to Gaudineer Knob Scenic Area which, if the Shenandoah is God's cathedral, is certainly God's little country church.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom