• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Might depend on whether the rail on that model is from the factory. I realize it has the rear sight built in like the TacSol .22 pistol rails but in either case it would require the shooting organizations to make a ruling. If the slide has no rear dovetail and comes that way with the rail it could very well be USPSA Production legal, but maybe not SSP IDPA legal. In IDPA I think the guns in SSP have to be built in a certain minimum quantity to qualify so if this is a limited production model it might not pass. IDPA tends to be more finicky about rules creep or mod expansion while USPSA might strickly decide that since it offers no performance advantage it could be legal.

Walton Feep

Sep 29, 2012
    Might depend on whether the rail on that model is from the factory. I realize it has the rear sight built in like the TacSol .22 pistol rails but in either case it would require the shooting organizations to make a ruling. If the slide has no rear dovetail and comes that way with the rail it could very well be USPSA Production legal, but maybe not SSP IDPA legal. In IDPA I think the guns in SSP have to be built in a certain minimum quantity to qualify so if this is a limited production model it might not pass. IDPA tends to be more finicky about rules creep or mod expansion while USPSA might strickly decide that since it offers no performance advantage it could be legal.

The sight rail was added after purchase. It is not a production option.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Then it would come under allowed mods. I am pretty sure the extra drilled and tapped screw holes would make it non-IDPA legal. I don't think you are allowed to machine or drill on the factory slide. USPSA production is based on IDPA SSP I think with some slightly more liberal interpretation. You need to look at the allowed mods. Look for anything banned that might even be considered what was done. I think the requirements are unaltered factory slide and barrel or exact equivalents.

IDPA Rule 8.2.1.3.1 Sights maybe changed to another notch and post type. Slides may not be machined to accept different style sights.
    USPSA Production Division Rule 21.2b Milling of slide---only as required to insert sights. (interpretation is machining the dovetail opening to accept a different dimension sight) Remains in effect---a slide may be modified specifically for the purpose of installing sights, and for no other purpose.
    Rule 13 Optical/electronic sights permitted--No, notch and post only.

This is what I see. To make the gun legal you can use another slide, even from a different maker and use a set of stock type sights.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Then it would come under allowed mods. I am pretty sure the extra drilled and tapped screw holes would make it non-IDPA legal. I don't think you are allowed to machine or drill on the factory slide. USPSA production is based on IDPA SSP I think with some slightly more liberal interpretation. You need to look at the allowed mods. Look for anything banned that might even be considered what was done. I think the requirements are unaltered factory slide and barrel or exact equivalents.

IDPA Rule 8.2.1.3.1 Sights maybe changed to another notch and post type. Slides may not be machined to accept different style sights.
    USPSA Production Division Rule 21.2b Milling of slide---only as required to insert sights. (interpretation is machining the dovetail opening to accept a different dimension sight) Remains in effect---a slide may be modified specifically for the purpose of installing sights, and for no other purpose.
    Rule 13 Optical/electronic sights permitted--No, notch and post only.

This is what I see. To make the gun legal you can use another slide, even from a different maker and use a set of stock type sights.

It would still be IDPA legal; just not SSP. ESP and Custom allow for machining on the slides. I linked to the .pdf in my post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom