• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    Virginia is pretty screwed. Youngkin (rightly) rode the wave of parental rights to victory but voters have short memories and are easily distracted by the next "crisis" or sometimes they think the war has been won in a single election so they stay home.

I don't see anyone on the bench ready to carry Youngkin's visions forward. Winsome Sears is great but she's been awfully quiet. I predict Virginia will go solidly blue at their next gubernatorial election.

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    Virginia is pretty screwed. Youngkin (rightly) rode the wave of parental rights to victory but voters have short memories and are easily distracted by the next "crisis" or sometimes they think the war has been won in a single election so they stay home.

I don't see anyone on the bench ready to carry Youngkin's visions forward. Winsome Sears is great but she's been awfully quiet. I predict Virginia will go solidly blue at their next gubernatorial election.
    I agree with your prediction. In normal times, with the sad state of affairs both domestically and abroad, everything would be flipping red. But alas...

ChannelCat

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    The Marxists took over the legislature in Virginia not by pushing gun bans, but by extolling the virtues of abortion. The gun haters came out of the woodwork after the fact, and (I'm not sure if they have the votes to override the good governor's veto.
    :popcorn:

MattFinals718

Nov 23, 2022
    Arlington, VA
    I don’t think this passes and even if it does, Youngkin will certainly veto.

Still, the writing is on the wall here in VA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's no way it'll ever pass. I was a VA resident the last time we went through this same BS charade (late-2019/early-2020), back when Northam was still governor. At the time, I was in a panic - so much so that I went out and bought my second AR-15 in the space of a 1-year period. And it was all much ado about nothing. If VA couldn't pass an AWB then, when the state had both a Democrat-run legislature and Governor, there's even less chance it passes now. If you told me this was being proposed here in MD, I'd say the odds were at least 50-50, but in VA, basically nil.

Also, at the risk of stirring the pot: I think that as a country, we're well past the point where being a blue state alone is enough to get significant new gun control laws passed. Not when the trend of the last few years is that gun ownership has grown so much amongst both women and minorities - the Democrats' key voting blocs. That's going to be a recurring problem for the Democrats in all states, even those led by a Gavin Newsom or a Wes Moore.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I don’t think this passes and even if it does, Youngkin will certainly veto.

Still, the writing is on the wall here in VA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Part of the problem is Republicans keep running lousy candidates and Younkin needs to stop with the "if we get a few more seats we'll be able to enact our full agenda" (obviously not an exact quote).
    While his base wants to hear that, the voters in the middle don't and they're the ones that matter the most

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom