• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kmittleman

Nov 22, 2010
    Howard County
    Hi Guys,

I thinking about a new rifle to get in 7.62x39 with the thought that next year will be a lousy gun market. Any opinions on these in terms of reliability / performance and favorite place to buy from?

K

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Is the Beryl 7.62 even legal in MD? I have a VZ2008, a VZ58 wanna be, and I really like it. Light, reliable, and unique.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Get the Beryl. It takes standard AK mags and is a bit more customizable.

Is the Beryl 7.62 even legal in MD? I have a VZ2008, a VZ58 wanna be, and I really like it. Light, reliable, and unique.

Yes, the 7.62 Beryl has been legal according to MSP since 2021.

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    I vote for the Beryl. I have one in 5.56. Build quality is great and you have great options in case you want to add modifications or do a military clone build.

kmittleman

Nov 22, 2010
    Howard County
    I vote for the Beryl. I have one in 5.56. Build quality is great and you have great options in case you want to add modifications or do a military clone build.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Any place you’d buy from in particular? I see that Arms of America has them but they have mixed reviews.

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    Thanks for the feedback guys. Any place you’d buy from in particular? I see that Arms of America has them but they have mixed reviews.
    AoA is fine. Never had any issues from them. They take about a week to ship out firearms. Atlantic Firearms is also a great option. I've had great experience with both retailers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom