• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    I’ve had a loaded NIB AR10 advertised here and despite a few price reductions there has been no traction. Before I put it up on Gun Broker, is there a good AR10 Forum or local forum I could try (or perhaps the AR15 forum). I dread the thought of shipping it, but I need to move forward.

Thanks

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    I’ve had a loaded NIB AR10 advertised here and despite a few price reductions there has been no traction. Before I put it up on Gun Broker, is there a good AR10 Forum or local forum I could try (or perhaps the AR15 forum). I dread the thought of shipping it, but I need to move forward.

Thanks
    Easier option- consignment to a friendly MDS FFL.

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    Any rifle $3,000 and above will have a reduced buyers market and difficult time selling. Maybe sell the rifle and scope separate to reduce the sticker shock.

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    I have found the MDS classifieds to be good for inexpensive stuff and SMOKING deals on higher end stuff. You won't get close to market value on anything else.
    I agree with Gunbroker, but calculate all the fees beforehand.
    I’ve purchased and sold many items on Gunbroker but it has been years. along with the regular selling fees I now see “Payment with Outdoor Pay” payment processing fee of
    5%, is that only when the buyer uses Gunbroker Checkout and Instant pay? As a seller if I state that the buyer is not to use Gunbroker Checkout’ and that I only accept certified checks, etc. that additional 5% is not applicable, right?

Thanks

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I have found the MDS classifieds to be good for inexpensive stuff and SMOKING deals on higher end stuff. You won't get close to market value on anything else.
    I agree with Gunbroker, but calculate all the fees beforehand.

Agreed. MDS classifieds are a waste of time unless you’re giving stuff away.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    I put stuff on here to give locals a chance before shipping out. If it doesn’t sell here after a few weeks I’ll add 20% or more and put it on GB. Then it always sells in a week. I only except USPS money orders and I know I lose customers because of that. The next thing I put on there I’ll use the new system and just add 5% to my asking price. GL

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    OP here, I’ve been a member of gunbroker forever but haven’t sold for a few years. I just tried to complete the new selling process but they now require my full banking info (account number, routing number, etc.) even for a private seller. Am I missing something? Not happy with the possibility of a data breech. I’m just looking for a few places to list this new rifle..

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom