• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    Looking for some Old Hat input, from those who have been to these shows. Which is the better all round Gun Show, ie. Number of tables/Vendors, Prices, Mix of gun to non-gun related venders (Jerky, Kids toys, Windows and Siding) which is better Silverado Gun Show in Show Place Arena Upper Marlboro, Maryland or Appalachian Promotions Annapolis Armory, Annapolis, Maryland. Both are coming up in the Feb, hate to waste my time and would rather go to only one.

Need some scope caps, a soft Case for a Mosin 91/30, a firing Pin tool and sling, feed for it and it's SKS friend, some cheap desiccant packs and 50 cal Ammo cans, looking for a Mosin 44 with a Real Price I'm not made of money or wish to give it away. I have a wish list for a Mossburg 500 but my Bank manager said no for now. I'll look but don't think there are any "deals" on ,45, 9, .380 or 22LR but I can wish.:)

Travis Bickle

Jul 13, 2012
    MoCo
    Even before all of this hype over a potential ban I was generally disappointed with the silverado showplace gunshow the two times I went. There were a few good deals to be had but they were few and far between.

L/H Savage Man

L/H Savage Bolt Ation
    Dec 30, 2012
    Don't waste your time going to MD gun shows I don't. They are pathetic. Go to Chantiiiy, VA. The shows are by Showmasters/C E Guns shows. One thousand tables. It will take you over four hours to see everthing. There will be seven shows there this year. I think the next one is in Feb. Appalachian is good when held in PA like at York. Go on www.gunshowsamerica.com to check for dates.

Travis Bickle

Jul 13, 2012
    MoCo
    Don't waste your time going to MD gun shows I don't. They are pathetic. Go to Chantiiiy, VA. The shows are by Showmasters/C E Guns shows. One thousand tables. It will take you over four hours to see everthing. There will be seven shows there this year. I think the next one is in Feb. Appalachian is good when held in PA like at York. Go on www.gunshowsamerica.com to check for dates.

I agree that the chantilly shows have been better. Although maybe not now most recently with all the panic buying.

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    I agree that the chantilly shows have been better. Although maybe not now most recently with all the panic buying.

I was at the Expo show few weeks back with a 2 hour wait I was around 100th in line, but the drive was over an hour and half at mid-day on a Friday. Within a half a hour of the doors opening it was packed. I’m less than 30 mins to the Show Place Arena and never been to Annapolis Armory. I was looking to save a few bucks on gas and hopefully get in on some deals. The Expo show was crazy over priced on everything only saving to be found was not paying shipping but the venders were acting like their stuff was covered in gold. Well I did get a deal on silver tips.:)

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    Neither, the Howard Co one on Feb 23 & 24 is better IMO. Showplace is OK, haven't been to the Annapolis one in years, was really small back then.

sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I've been to the Annapolis Armory and it was dissapointing. Silverado's show in Howard county was pretty good IMO. I'll got to that one in Feb again.

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    My favorite has always been Chantilly only because I would visit Georgia Arms for a couple bags of decent and inexpensive ammo. York is just a hair smaller but just as good as Chantilly (without GA).

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    In the past the Howard Cty. show has always been one step down from the Frederick shows and I have been to several. The PA shows tend to be bigger than the MD shows but nothing compares locally to the Chantilly shows in number of venders.

jodavk

Nov 30, 2010
    I've had good luck finding ammo and firearms deals at the Silverado show, in the past. But, that was several years ago, the landscape has changed! Never been to Annapolis. It is not worth the two hour drive for me for either, anymore. I think if you are dilligent in your online searching, you can still find decent M44s and 54R spam can deals on the internet. Make a list of the "usual suspects" and check it regularly. There are also several other sites that have classified pages...unfortunately it takes time to check alot. And, there is nothing like getting to handle and inspect a piece that has caught attention. Good Luck.

Ironnewt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2012
    Harford County
    I think unless you are looking for a specific part,powder or firearm, deal with the on-line sources for ammunition and the rest. Lately, I have found MD shows over priced and filled with junk.
    My .02 cents

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom