Votes: 9 47.4%
    • Never Heard of Them

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    Has anyone had any experiences with the Winchester AA trackers? I haven't seen them in stores but I thought they might be worth while for shooters who are getting frustrated because they can't see how they're missing.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Gimmick more than anything. I can see the wad no problem with standard AA shells. Not that I care. The wad doesn't accurately track the shot. A big, spinning wad is worse. Shotgun shooting is all about muscle memory and instinctual point-and-shoot. A brightly-colored wad is a visual and mental distraction that can reinforce bad habits by encouraging the shooter to aim. Aiming shotguns doesn't work. The target is gone too quickly. There's no substitute for a good spotter.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Some kids at our club shot them last year a few times. I can't see em, I can't see shot in the early evening either though like most people say they can.
    If you hit the target with your wad,.... you probably missed.

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    Not shot them myself but been around when others shooting them and I could not see anything. If your looking for the wad your not looking at the bird and you will miss.

sbowers

Jun 15, 2012
    I've shot with people and saw the wad. I'm not sure it is a great tool to judge your misses because a spotter would likely have a different angle. I have shot a few myself and could not see the wad but I was focused on the front edge of the bird.

sbowers

Jun 15, 2012
    :lol2:

I've seen them used and clearly saw the wad. So assuming they really do closely follow the path of the shot column, I could see them being useful.

I could see the wad when others shot. But to evaluate the wad trajectory in relation to the flight path of the bird I would need to be on the same sight plane as the shooter/barrel. I think they could be a useful tool to an experienced coach but won't help a shooter evaluate their misses.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    I had an expensive box of 12 ga tracers years ago. Deadly stuff, never actually missed with a tracer, only miss with shot. :sad20:

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Spend some time with an instructor.

You can see the shot column, looking over the shooters shoulder. Once you spend soem time doing it.

scribe556

Apr 3, 2009
    The wads take erratic flights too. Straight at first, then who knows...

Good for the audience I guess, but I don't want anything but clay and background when I'm shooting...

"Yeah, I saw the wad... the bird? dunno... I lost it...." :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom