• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    Monumental Rifle & Pistol Club at AGC put on a 'meet us/greet you/shoot our guns/stuff your face with good food/get out of the hospital for a day' event for the grunts and jarheads from Walter Reed and Bethesda last year. Big success. We're doing it again on October 30.

I had my .45 Colt thumb buster there, some guys got a big kick out of shooting it and the Ruger Single Six. This year I want to go all black powder, percussion revolvers, Smith carbine and '64 Springfield rifle musket. ka-BOOM

Drag your lazy carcasses over to the Monumental Web site and read about it, then think of ways you can participate and help. See the link down below? Good.

If you can think of businesses and individuals who might be interested in donating food, money, labor, whatever, get in touch with the club officers for names of contacts. I'm not an official contact, I'm just a member, but I'll answer questions best I can if no one else is available at the time. Bob Markert, the club XO, is a good one to talk to.

We want to make this a twice-a-year thing that everyone's heard of. The bigger, the better. They're worth it, aren't they?

BeltBuckle

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2008
    MoCo, MD
    Sounds like a great idea!

What do I have that any of them might enjoy shooting?

Galil in .308 maybe? 30-40 Krag, except there aint any ammo out there... have to mark my calendar (Hey, it's Hallowe'en!!)

Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!

BeltBuckle

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2008
    MoCo, MD
    Dude, bring 'em both. Let them handle a real battle rifle.

Ask these guys about 30-40 Krag ammo: KRAGHAÜS (shit - out of stock now).

Also see Sgt. Drydock here: Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L / Special Interests / Groups & Societies / The Barracks; this is where the Grand Army of the Frontier (see below) hangs out online.

Sounds like good advice. May have to throw the .300 Weatherby Magnum in just for giggles. And always the Garand. Got me into the half moon club just fine, that one did. I'll let others bring the Mausers and Mosins.

Good links, thanks! Just discovered Kraghaus the other day, only to be disappointed they are out too. I suspect they will be quicker to get ammo back in stock though... will keep an eye on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom