• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    I like it. It has a nice layout. You asked for opinions...maybe in the gallery, you could have pages of thumbnails so you don't have to go through all of the pics to see something. Or maybe they could be in categories (pistols, rifles, shotguns)? Just thought I would add my $.02.

Ragnar

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2013
    Berkeley Springs, WV
    NoScript says the page is trying to run scripts from wix.com, fonts.net, newrelic.com, web-stat.com, surevisit.me, parastorage.com, doubleclick.net, googletagmanager.com, akamaihd.net and facebook.com. What's up with that?

newq

101st Poptart Assault BSB
    Mar 6, 2011
    Eldersburg, MD
    Site looks good but If I could make a suggestion? Please oh please get some sort of an inventory list. I am not sure exactly what you carry but in the way of firearms I will call around only after checking websites of my local dealers. Dealers who list the item I need in stock generally get my business first.

It doesn't even have to list a price but a simple spread sheet with perhaps the make and model and quantity. Also a listing of Parts you carry would be nice. Throwing together a whole bunch of manufacturers names and saying we carry this manufacturers stuff is a bit vague for most useful purposes.

I am aware the amount of manpower it takes to make a online inventory system but it doesn't need to be real time inventorying. Some similar to what NW Pawn of baltimore does with their site. Very down and dirty rap sheet which may not even be current but is a suggestion of inventory.

We want to shop with you. Make it easier for us! Thank you for considering my response and suggested site improvement!

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    Looks pretty good. I've seen pictures of your work in other threads and it always looks great.

One glitch, using Firefox 29 under linux, the menu bar partially covers the word "Gunsmithing"

Attachments

• Selection_001.png
      Selection_001.png
      24.9 KB · Views: 329

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The site won't load onto my kerosene powered 'crackberry , so I can't comment.

But so far as expanded online inventories , that concept would reach a point of diminishing returns darn quickley for a small business w/o a full time geek staff. A cpl of extra paragraphs of types of items typically stocked , but a complete accurate listing of parts , accesories , ammunition , loading components would leave no time left over to actually sell anything , do 'smithing , deal with human customers , etc.

But there is an effecent and easy solution. When I'm specifically looking for somthing , I flip open my cell , go to Contacts , and check with the half dozen or so most likely suspects " hey do you have XYZ in stock ? Cool , I'm on the way." All faster than navigating thru one website , and will be accurate real time information instead of a *sugguestion of typical inventory* .

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feedback

Same comment as above. Need to have links to inventory when you select "shop" and not just sales list. Nice to be able to see what Sigs you have, or Colts, etc. Otherwise interesting. Hope to stop by soon!

Your site looks great Tim! I'm proud but a little humbled that you put my Remington 700 first in line. The build is a little old now but it still shoots true every time. The build and machine work you did was worth every penny. Thanks again.

Jim

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    Nice website. Could use a few little things as some others have mentioned. I did notice one little error and will talk to you about it on Tuesday. I'll be in to say "hi" . Oh, and how do we get one of those "Team Hafers" shirts? I like those.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    I think it looks good. Might add consignment and %fee to the list of services…I think you do consignments?

Otherwise, I would say either update your "In Stock" threads here on MDS once a week or so or add something to the website. It's probably easier to just update folks here than to keep the site up to date. Although you could just link to the MDS thread to/from your site to keep the list updated in both places.

Maybe have an "Announcements" box for sales or an events calendar for training and classes and such?

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    NoScript says the page is trying to run scripts from wix.com, fonts.net, newrelic.com, web-stat.com, surevisit.me, parastorage.com, doubleclick.net, googletagmanager.com, akamaihd.net and facebook.com. What's up with that?

Sounds like you might have a malware issue. I don't get any messages like that on my computer with my virus software. Try running Malware bytes. It's free and works great.

Rockn93yj

Nov 24, 2011
    Current inventory would be nice, would be a good avenue to extend sales to out of state as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom