• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joppaj

Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Thought it might be useful to start a running thread for info on livescan vendors. Maybe tell us where you went, cost for the scan and overall impression.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    FYI fingerprints/Savage Mountain Firearms Frostburg. $52 for prints, Dana is very friendly and very accommodating, went out of her way to print me after hours

RegularJay

NRA & SAF Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 20, 2007
    Harford County
    Accurate Investigative in Bel Air does walk in's on Friday & Monday they were about 10 deep in the lobby this afternoon.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Absolute in Essex

Got here at opening, walk ins welcome Saturdays. About 20 people in line. Staff was prompt and polite and we're waiting in line for LiveScan.

EDIT: Been here an hour. They're also running a carry class. They're scanning everyone in the class before people in the lobby which is completely ass backwards. Those folks will be here 16 hours and can do it whenever.

EDIT 2: I'll not be back here at least on a weekend. Very unorganized. In the midst of it all you've got techs taking smoke breaks meanwhile I sat in the waiting room for 2 hours and wasn't alone.

Last edited:

LGood48

Ultimate Member
    Feb 3, 2011
    Cecil County
    Done by 1A Fingerprinting at Tactical Shepherd in Rising Sun. About 5 ahead of me and went quickly. $60.
    1A is at TS on Thursdays from 3 - 6. Pleasant young lady says they expect it to get very hectic as more people get trained.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Had prints done at 1A Fingerprinting at their office in Halethorpe.

Very nice young lady, good at her job, very professional. I was the only one there, but it was Monday morning on June 27th and I think I beat the rush.

$52.00.

Only issue is that I was quoted a lump sum of $52 and agreed to an emailed receipt. When I got home and looked at it, I saw that I had been charged a "credit card fee" of 3%, but I had paid CASH.

Too far to go and too much trouble to try to collect my $1.51 by that time, but if you pay cash, CHECK YOUR RECEIPT BEFORE YOU LEAVE.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Heritage was taking walk ins. I don't know about now though. They're open until 9pm as well, so it's fairly flexible for busy schedules.
    I will 100% give them a call tomorrow and see. The later hours work for my schedule well. Thanks!

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Went to Worth-a-shot, grandma wanted to know reason for the scan, I said former LEO (of course I was BSing) I said ur daughter was one.

Any event $54, 3rd in line. Guy doing scans, was quick

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alfontso

Latest threads

Top Bottom