• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    In my neighborhood (DC), I have only encountered 2 "No guns Including CC Permit Holders" signs. one was lidl's near Hechingers Mall (I don't shop Lidl's), and Auto Zone on Minnesota Ave. I asked the store security guard if the entry portal was active, he said yes. I told the manager I have to make all of my purchases in Landover, where there are no signs. He said sorry It's a corporate requirement.... But there are no such signs in Landover, Bowie, Lanham or Greenbelt (In Mayland, I would have ignored them if there were).
    In DC where it is more Black, company policy prohibits firearms, and in MD, where it is less Black they don't.

Isn't that, well, you know, racist?

:nono:

Last edited:

PeteW

Feb 10, 2021
    Westminster
    Interesting, I wonder if they're running some kind of passive screening.
    Similar setup at Hopkins downtown. Metal detectors in ER but I didn't notice any other screening methods. Was there for 3 weeks after Thanksgiving in the PICU and walked in and out on another floor from the main garage entrance almost daily.
    Edit: now that I'm replaying those entrances in my mind, they potentially had a passive system in place.

Last edited:

cobra

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2009
    White Marsh
    Good Samaritan hospital has no metal detectors.
    Only sign that reads
    No knives or weapons allowed
    No illegal drugs allowed
    No unauthorized pictures or videos allowed.

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    If any one likes to go to Dollywood I can confirm that they have metal detectors for everyone entering and they will pull people to do a more thorough check with a wand if they think they see something suspicious. My father-in-law got singled out twice because his glasses case kept setting it off.

joppaj

Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    If any one likes to go to Dollywood I can confirm that they have metal detectors for everyone entering and they will pull people to do a more thorough check with a wand if they think they see something suspicious. My father-in-law got singled out twice because his glasses case kept setting it off.
    They've done that for at least a few years. It's one of the only places I didn't even try to carry a knife.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    The downtown Bel Air BBQ street festival is a no weapons zone and when I was wanded it pinged at my right front pant's pocket. The rent-a-cop looked at me and asked "keys?" to which I said "yup" and he waived me through.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Similar setup at Hopkins downtown. Metal detectors in ER but I didn't notice any other screening methods. Was there for 3 weeks after Thanksgiving in the PICU and walked in and out on another floor from the main garage entrance almost daily.
    Edit: now that I'm replaying those entrances in my mind, they potentially had a passive system in place.

They don't have a passive system.

I don't think we should give them ideas, but I've been in and out many times, even today, with pokey and shooty things that would give them the vapors if they knew, bless their hearts.

PeteW

Feb 10, 2021
    Westminster
    They don't have a passive system.

I don't think we should give them ideas, but I've been in and out many times, even today, with pokey and shooty things that would give them the vapors if they knew, bless their hearts.
    Doing the lords work. I just remember seeing some poles & strips at the Orleans garage entrance that give me pause now that someone mentioned passive.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    The Orleans garage is a mess. The exiting traffic interferes with the entering traffic and causes horrible traffic jams.

There is a small parking garage under the Weinberg building that is a secret treasure. Go north on Broadway from Orleans and take the first right onto a little dead end side street. Secret garage entrance is at the end on the right. Go all the way to the bottom level.

Once while passing the "security" desk, as I pulled the crumpled mask out of my pocket, the ear string caught the clip of my assisted opening knife and the knife went flying through the air, hit the floor, and popped open.

As I scrambled to retrieve it, I heard horrified voices, "Is that a KNIFE!!!!!!" "You can't bring that in here!!!!!"

"I'll put it in my car," I said wearily.

I never let that happen again.

Good thing no one noticed my gun today...

Last edited:

joppaj

Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Bump. If you encounter weapon screening, please let us know where.

Billyb

MDS Supporter
    Nov 7, 2022
    Towson
    Mrsb and I had dinner at Fager’s Island tonight and there were metal detectors outside next to the hostess station. The young lady told me they are for the “nightclub”. Looking at the website, they have dj/bands at 930 and I guess they screen then. Not going to affect us but putting it out there for them it might.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Mrsb and I had dinner at Fager’s Island tonight and there were metal detectors outside next to the hostess station. The young lady told me they are for the “nightclub”. Looking at the website, they have dj/bands at 930 and I guess they screen then. Not going to affect us but putting it out there for them it might.
    Worcester County has a grandfathered no carry in nightclubs ordinance, it's not Fager's choice, so this is NOT a private property issue.

Billyb

MDS Supporter
    Nov 7, 2022
    Towson
    Worcester County has a grandfathered no carry in nightclubs ordinance, it's not Fager's choice, so this is NOT a private property issue.
    Damn it’s hard to keep up with all these BS laws. Thanks. We don’t do OC much so news to us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom