• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    So I ordered a slide that I have been anxiously awaiting to come in and it finally has so I grabbed it and immediately tested it on my Sistema and turns out it fits very tight with the slightest bit of play (probably perfect for reliability purposes)

That being said I had initially planned to build it as an all stainless 45 but the 2 tone looks damn good in my mind.

Tell me what you think as I do have a Foster/Caspian carbon frame I could put it on that I haven't finished yet. A plus to the Carbon frame is it has some nice checkering on the front strap as well.

Message_1473201452340_zpsx6i6unxj.jpg
    [/URL]
    [/IMG]
    20160906_191542_zpszltwwt5r.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    Things I would change would be I don't like the spur hammer with this slide. I'd plan on a beavertail and I would probably change the MSH to a Magwell but I am digging the two tone more than I initially thought I would. I rust blued this frame so I could do the same on the Foster or may dabble in Cerakote but would prefer not to spend the coin right now.

Also on the slide there are slight imperfections on the scalloping on 1 side I was wondering what the best way to get rid of them was.

20160906_185315_zpscfpil373.jpg
    [/URL]
    [/IMG]
    Its like when you are slicing a piece of cheese and it curls around the blade, there's a few pieces on this one corner. Most the other cuts are clean, but one corner looks like this. I expect to have this bead blasted eventually but if there's an easy way to remove them without making a mess of the finish I would love to know how.

Thanks for looking and I appreciate idea's for the build.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    I would opt for the suggested toothpick or a brass punch shape to a small tip. Small brass screws perhaps.

Personally, I'd leave the Sistima together and use the carbon frame you already have. Ceracoating the carbon frame would leave color options.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    I would opt for the suggested toothpick or a brass punch shape to a small tip. Small brass screws perhaps.

Personally, I'd leave the Sistima together and use the carbon frame you already have. Ceracoating the carbon frame would leave color options.
    The carbon frame hasn't been worked yet, I also have a stainless frame but seeing it on a carbon frame I'm liking it. The Sistema was merely to see what the slide looked like on a gun.... Like opening a present on Christmas morning.

I see a few things I will def change when I build it but seeing it on a blued frame has me conflicted!!!!!

Sent from my LG-K428 using Tapatalk

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    No idea on trigger. I like short/med triggers for my stubby fingers but may dress it up not sure. Definitly looking for inspiration there.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    No idea on trigger. I like short/med triggers for my stubby fingers but may dress it up not sure. Definitly looking for inspiration there.

Wilson, Greider, STI all have short, medium triggers as well as the long choice. Wilson has a short flat trigger. I am not a flat trigger fan but a good number are. What I like to do is take a solid long trigger, file it flat then put a half length curve in the face of the shoe. Nice medium length which consistently places the finger and helps prevent finger drag on the frame.

Trigger is highly preferential so let the experimentation begin!

Attachments

• Sig Nitron.jpg
      Sig Nitron.jpg
      77.8 KB · Views: 264
    • Sig Nitron trigger.jpg
      Sig Nitron trigger.jpg
      50.4 KB · Views: 283

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    So I ordered a slide that I have been anxiously awaiting to come in and it finally has so I grabbed it and immediately tested it on my Sistema and turns out it fits very tight with the slightest bit of play (probably perfect for reliability purposes)

That being said I had initially planned to build it as an all stainless 45 but the 2 tone looks damn good in my mind.

Tell me what you think as I do have a Foster/Caspian carbon frame I could put it on that I haven't finished yet. A plus to the Carbon frame is it has some nice checkering on the front strap as well.

Message_1473201452340_zpsx6i6unxj.jpg
    [/URL]
    [/IMG]
    20160906_191542_zpszltwwt5r.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    Things I would change would be I don't like the spur hammer with this slide. I'd plan on a beavertail and I would probably change the MSH to a Magwell but I am digging the two tone more than I initially thought I would. I rust blued this frame so I could do the same on the Foster or may dabble in Cerakote but would prefer not to spend the coin right now.

Also on the slide there are slight imperfections on the scalloping on 1 side I was wondering what the best way to get rid of them was.

20160906_185315_zpscfpil373.jpg
    [/URL]
    [/IMG]
    Its like when you are slicing a piece of cheese and it curls around the blade, there's a few pieces on this one corner. Most the other cuts are clean, but one corner looks like this. I expect to have this bead blasted eventually but if there's an easy way to remove them without making a mess of the finish I would love to know how.

Thanks for looking and I appreciate idea's for the build.

Very carefully burnish the edge with a porcelain stone or use a small deburring tool.

shaviv-155-29066-aluminum-deburring-tool-set.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom