• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gunlawyer

Jan 18, 2013
    Knoxville, MD
    Well, it is a great price these days. 10 cents a round for Remington Golden Bullet in the 100 round clear boxes. No purchase limit. Dick's in Westfield Mall in Silver Spring.

Was in that mall with the wife last night and went in to see if they had any .22 and if so, buy my limit of 2 or 5 or whatever the current box limit was. Man, glad i did! They had a PALLET of .22 ammo sitting there. Asked the hunting/fishing sales person what the limit was and he said no limit. Excellent!

Went home with 2 cases (50 boxes, 5000 rounds) of it and there were many many more cases and boxes left for others. No hoarding here, though i shamefully admit the temptation was there.

That pallet of .22 would not last more than a couple hours at our local Dick's in Frederick. Too many of OUR people out here! It was an amazing find. I guess i need to check Dick's stores in yuppie gun hating cities/counties more often!

Go forth and score some cheap .22 while it lasts my brothers! Election season is about upon us and it wont be pretty and .22 will vanish yet again for at least a couple more years. Especially if Hillary wins. Gather your nuts when you can find them!

Gunlawyer

Jan 18, 2013
    Knoxville, MD
    I think so. Not sure though as we dont live there, we were just visiting some friends nearby. I think i got the name of the mall right.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Ten cents per round is why they have it.

Thanks for posting but try ammoseek.com. Routinely available for 6-8 cents/round; plus shipping of course.

It's good to have plenty on hand and I might have bought a shitload myself if I saw a pallet full. That alone was probably exciting.

When you have a little at home, it's easier to be picky about price.

PS. There is an existing 22 ammo availability thread by Mooseman/Brian.

Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    IMO regardless of availability, .10/rd for Rem is NOT a deal.

ihriec

Aug 10, 2013
    That's not a great price. Before Christmas they had tons of Federal, Remington bulk ammo for $.05-$.06 per round. I've been able to find 22lr at Dick's in Wheaton mall on a regular basis.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Buy Federal or CCI. I bought the Remington you descibe, 4% failure rate, of 200rds. I'm talking three strikes around the rim..

I went through a 525 box of Federal, no failures. About 300rds CCI, no failures

garber38

Custom tailored ionizer
    Dec 27, 2006
    Somewhere in PA.
    I won't pay anymore than 0.06 per round as anything above that is price gouging. Of course, it is a supply and demand game and that is fair as the economy goes.

SummitCnty

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Frederick County
    Don't waste your time at the Mount Airy Walmart. They have had .22 one time in the 4 years I've lived there. They don't even have a price tag up anymore for it.

Hicap

Magazine Clips
    Jun 10, 2012
    That's my local 22lr stomping grounds. It's too bad they jacked up the prices recently. Pass on the clear plastic golden bullets, they have bulk packs of it for $35. Last year they were selling the same bulk packs for $28 :mad54: I was in there a couple days ago and they had buckets for $90, which is still a little high. I'm just gonna wait for a sale, I have enough to keep me happy for a while. Now I have a Dick's gift card burning a hole in my pocket...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom