• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    I like what I read about the .338 Federal.

I don't have anything chambered in the round (yet!), but, I sure would like to.

An AR platform .338 Federal would be a nice platform for wild boar and black bear, or elk at decent range.

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    From what I've been reading the Range is pretty close to 308 but with a bigger "Punch". and the round fits in the standard 7.62 Mag.

I was contemplating this because you can swap out your AR 308 upper, of which I have a LR308...

But if I go SBR I have to do the Stamp thing...and I pretty sure you then can't swap out the upper...

I've seen a couple of Bolt Actions with 338 from Savage. But I bet hey have quite a kick to them..

Thanks

retrorichard

Member of Team Awesome
    Dec 24, 2009
    Rockville
    From what I've been reading the Range is pretty close to 308 but with a bigger "Punch". and the round fits in the standard 7.62 Mag.

I was contemplating this because you can swap out your AR 308 upper, of which I have a LR308...

But if I go SBR I have to do the Stamp thing...and I pretty sure you then can't swap out the upper...

I've seen a couple of Bolt Actions with 338 from Savage. But I bet hey have quite a kick to them..

Thanks

I've got a savage in 338 lapua. With the muzzlebrake, recoil is minimal.

D-Log

Jan 29, 2015
    Reisterstown
    I picked up a 338 lower when Brownell had them con clearance, have been contemplating building a 338 upper instead of a 308. Only thing that would be different would be the barrel, if I'm not mistaken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom