• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phillywilly

May 30, 2008
    Germantown
    I was doing a little window shopping for the (kinda) new big bore AR's and saw the .458socom uses standard 30 rd usgi mags but they only hold 10 rounds.
    Got me to thinking that some one needs to start selling some 10 round .458 socom mags. But really could some one maybe get some floor plates stamped or some thing else to indicate they are "meant" to be 10 rd not 30 then sell them here? thoughts?

phillywilly

May 30, 2008
    Germantown
    you would still have to buy new followers, it would be like buying rebuild kits for mags IMO.

My understanding is you use an unaltered 30 mag only you load it like you would a handgun mag instead of just pushing them straight in. I only mention floor plates because it would be a cheep way to mark it as a .458 mag. I could be wrong but thats what I read

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    Ok so it wasn't an AR15 upper but an AR10 upper...They have got some pimp uppers for AR-10's...
    http://www.ar-10-rifles.com/index.php
    15_AR-10-upper-3.gif

leroygibbs

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2008
    Yeah, where do we buy 10 round .458 socom mags in MD? I could use a few, ya know just stocking up before I buy a socom my self.......

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    The .50 beowulf falls in the same situation. It takes standard AR magazines.

To be safe, I'd just drive to a non-communist state and buy your magazines. Not only is it legal, but bonus: owemalley doesn't get the tax from it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom