• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mancheechee

Daily Trigger
    Jul 22, 2010
    Frederick
    I had consolidated calibers and sold most of my firearms few years back. I decided to stick with the 9 and 45acp pistols and now am ready to purchase a revolver or another 1911 WileyClapp.

625JM seems to be a nice pistol from many reviews but right now the Colt Wileys can be had for roughly 20% less than what they were going for couple years ago.

Would the Colt be first in line to be sold out before the coming gun-rush over a revolver?

Also, any other recommendation for a 9mm or 45acp revolver?

Thanks!

Marauder

Revolver Addict
    Dec 14, 2010
    If you have a 1911 already, get the 625JM! Sweet shooter out of the box, come on you know you want one.

16470047598_b28e89248f_c.jpg

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Quigley 4x4 conversions and 625JM

I like the cut of your jib, Sir!

You'll love the 625JM. Just an all around great gun. Competition, CCW or HD, with Full Moons, it will handle anything you throw at it.

Nothing wrong with the Colt though I'm partial to GCs.

Last edited:

mancheechee

Daily Trigger
    Jul 22, 2010
    Frederick
    Quigley 4x4 conversions and 625JM

I like the cut of jib, Sir!

You'll love the 625JM. Just an all around great gun. Competition, CCW or HD, with Full Moons, it will handle anything you throw at it.

Nothing wrong with the Colt though I'm partial to GCs.

I just asked an Industry Partner to order me a JM. I figured I needed to support them rather than grabagun, at this time. Only thing is not in stock for any distributors serving IP dealers.

Since I live in frederick, Getting the transfer done at TMGN $30!!! for members:party29:

As for the Quigley...still talking with owner. They have four months before fly date.

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    The titanium cylinder is worth while. If the 625 is run hard the stainless cylinder will peen. It's starting to wear in mine and I have less than 2000 rounds through it.

Clem

Mar 19, 2007
    Southern MD
    If you are interested in a .45 revo, there are, IMO, three choices: the out of production S&W 25-2, the 625JM and the 625PC. They are a little diffident, but all are very good. Handle all of them if you can and see which you prefer. I have all three.

Attachments

• IMG_4179.jpg
      IMG_4179.jpg
      71.5 KB · Views: 215

mancheechee

Daily Trigger
    Jul 22, 2010
    Frederick
    If you have a 1911 already, get the 625JM! Sweet shooter out of the box, come on you know you want one.

16470047598_b28e89248f_c.jpg

I did the paper work for the JM today, but I noticed that the one side of the grip had a good amount of gap, at the top portion, between the wood and steel. Should I call S&W/ send pic once I take possession of it? I think it would bother me. It looks like the wood shrunk and parted a bit good amount to def notice it.

Marauder

Revolver Addict
    Dec 14, 2010
    I did the paper work for the JM today, but I noticed that the one side of the grip had a good amount of gap, at the top portion, between the wood and steel. Should I call S&W/ send pic once I take possession of it? I think it would bother me. It looks like the wood shrunk and parted a bit good amount to def notice it.

Try loosing the grip screw and see if the grip will move, there might be some play when loose. Then re tighten screw.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Gun that special needs better than OEM grips.

Think Roy Fishpaw or Rob Rowen. Nice stag or exotic wood.

I don't think Roy is still in business or just taking care of his existing customers only but Rowen was his student so he would be a close 2nd choice.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown

Could that portion of the grip possibly been recessed to accommodate the moon clips?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom