• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I got bit by the Hogan declared state holiday on Friday. Should have received the email on Saturday 12/24 and was planning on heading to the FFL for transfer being they were opened for a few hours Christmas Eve. Received the email Christmas morning. Will be heading out this morning for transfer on the 10th day. MD is one fvcked up state???
    Holiday only affects you if your 7th day was on that Friday, otherwise it shouldn't have.
    As mentioned, if the 7th day falls on a Sunday, or a Holiday, then the "not disapproved" is received on the 8th day.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    So what I find odd is with Friday and Monday being observed state holidays the 77r’s I sent in last Tuesday should take until Thursday but they are all good to go tomorrow. So as usual there is a gray area because there are times the holidays hasn’t caused any delay.
    See the actual state law, a holiday and Sunday only count if they are the 7th day, at which point your "not disapproved" comes on the 8th day. There is no "grey" area, only MSP shinanigans.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I don't get the "Friday was a holiday" problem :confused:
    I submitted paperwork Friday 12/16 (late in the day, too), got my email and picked up Friday 12/23 :shrug:

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I know we're supposed to be all curmudgeonly and hate technology, new things, and change...but, :secret: honestly the electronic system has been great to me :shrug: I've bought more guns through it that the old paper way (which is kind of a lot), and never been delayed. Actually, I've never been delayed electronically. I HAVE been delayed paper-tronically at least once...on my very first purchase that started on my 21st birthday.

Waking up to the email is so much nicer than having to call the shop and ask if I'm good to go...and worrying about whether they might not release...or if they want to be a stickler and wait until they get that days' mail.

It's not like you even have to remember an additional password...since it's alway out of date and needs to be reset anyway :rolleye12

Maybe it is rough on the Amish, but anyone who can figure out MDS (and how to get an HQL) should be able to handle the 77r (e?)

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Maybe it is rough on the Amish, but anyone who can figure out MDS (and how to get an HQL) should be able to handle the 77r (e?)
    I know you're sort of joking there but the same people that screech that asking for a photo ID for someone to vote is racist and ageist also have no problem demanding that someone have access to the internet and a computer to exercise their Second Amendment rights. (in addition to paying Transfer and HQL fees)

Acs

Sep 10, 2022
    Hagerstown
    I bought a KN 509 on Monday 12-26. Needed a nicer CC firearm. 7 days would be 1-1 Sunday counting 12-26 so I assume I could pick up Monday 1-2?. It’s literally been almost 10 years since I purchased a pistol as I refused to get the HQL until I was able to get the HGP

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I bought a KN 509 on Monday 12-26. Needed a nicer CC firearm. 7 days would be 1-1 Sunday counting 12-26 so I assume I could pick up Monday 1-2?. It’s literally been almost 10 years since I purchased a pistol as I refused to get the HQL until I was able to get the HGP
    1/2/23 is the actual Holiday .

Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    I don't get the "Friday was a holiday" problem :confused:
    I submitted paperwork Friday 12/16 (late in the day, too), got my email and picked up Friday 12/23 :shrug:
    Mine was submitted on Saturday morning 12/17. Should have received my email for pickup at 6:00am Saturday 12/24 but did not receive it until 6:00am Sunday 12/25 Christmas Day. Go figure.

Middleman

Sep 25, 2020
    I hate the wait, but the thing I hate more is that the HQL doesn’t eliminate the wait.
    And what I hate even more is that all ready owning a pistol doesn’t eliminate the wait. If I was intent on doing harm to myself or others wouldn’t I use what I have in my possession.

Derek

Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Mar 7, 2017
    Denton, MD
    https://mgaleg.maryland.gov/mgawebsite/laws/StatuteText?article=gps&section=5-123&enactments=false
    Article - Public Safety

§5–123.

(a) A licensee may not sell, rent, or transfer a regulated firearm until after 7 days following the time a firearm application is executed by the firearm applicant, in triplicate, and the original is forwarded by the prospective seller or transferor to the Secretary.

(b) A licensee shall complete the sale, rental, or transfer of a regulated firearm within 90 days after the firearm application was stamped by the Secretary as not being disapproved.

(c) (1) If the sale, rental, or transfer of a regulated firearm is not completed within 90 days after the firearm application was stamped by the Secretary as not being disapproved, a licensee shall return the firearm application to the Secretary within 7 days.

(2) The Secretary shall void a firearm application returned under paragraph (1) of this subsection as an incomplete sale, rental, or transfer.

(d) (1) (i) A licensee who sells, rents, or transfers a regulated firearm in compliance with this subtitle shall forward a copy of the written notification of the completed transaction to the Secretary within 7 days after delivery of the regulated firearm.

(ii) The notification shall contain an identifying description of the regulated firearm, including its caliber, make, model, any manufacturer’s serial number, and any other special or peculiar characteristic or marking by which the regulated firearm may be identified.

(2) The Secretary shall maintain a permanent record of all notifications received of completed sales, rentals, and transfers of regulated firearms in the State.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

https://mgaleg.maryland.gov/mgawebsite/laws/StatuteText?article=gps&section=5-123&enactments=false
    Article - Public Safety

§5–123.

(a) A licensee may not sell, rent, or transfer a regulated firearm until after 7 days following the time a firearm application is executed by the firearm applicant, in triplicate, and the original is forwarded by the prospective seller or transferor to the Secretary.

(b) A licensee shall complete the sale, rental, or transfer of a regulated firearm within 90 days after the firearm application was stamped by the Secretary as not being disapproved.

(c) (1) If the sale, rental, or transfer of a regulated firearm is not completed within 90 days after the firearm application was stamped by the Secretary as not being disapproved, a licensee shall return the firearm application to the Secretary within 7 days.

(2) The Secretary shall void a firearm application returned under paragraph (1) of this subsection as an incomplete sale, rental, or transfer.

(d) (1) (i) A licensee who sells, rents, or transfers a regulated firearm in compliance with this subtitle shall forward a copy of the written notification of the completed transaction to the Secretary within 7 days after delivery of the regulated firearm.

(ii) The notification shall contain an identifying description of the regulated firearm, including its caliber, make, model, any manufacturer’s serial number, and any other special or peculiar characteristic or marking by which the regulated firearm may be identified.

(2) The Secretary shall maintain a permanent record of all notifications received of completed sales, rentals, and transfers of regulated firearms in the State.
    Thanks for posting what we already knew.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom