• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Al Norris

Spud Head
    Dec 1, 2010
    Rupert, Idaho
    It is with great sadness that I report that a friend; a longtime member and moderator of The Firing Line; a great aficionado of shotgunning and a Son of Maryland, Dave McCracken, passed away late Wednesday evening at his home in Columbia.

He was surrounded by his family as he passed away peacefully. He will be missed by many and the firearms community is diminished by his passing.

Funeral services will be Sunday afternoon. Rachel requests that if any of you have photos or youtube links, please let her know, or respond to me via PM and I'll see that she gets the links.

Donations may be made to the American Cancer Society in lieu of flowers.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    ah shit.....Dave gave me my first trap lessons many years ago and was kind enough to help me get my gun set up with a proper stock and adjustable plate that he refused to take any money for no matter how much I tried to pay him.

That man could burn up a round of trap with a pump gun like no other, including doubles.

One of the first gun guys I ever met and one of the nicest human beings on the face of the planet with more shotgun knowledge than one human should be allowed to possess.

RIP my friend.

circleshooter

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2009
    Baltimore County
    I didn't know him and never met him, but was always impressed by what I read by him. My thoughts are with his family and friends and think it really cool that TFL renamed the shotgun forum after him as a memorial.

I'm sure I would have liked him. Hell, anyone who said that the best accessory for a shotgun was "wear marks" knows of what they speak.

RIP

PGTMG

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2010
    Very sad news indeed. I wish I would have known him. Prayers to his family RIP.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Of course the other Dave mantra was BA/UU/R.....translated as "buy ammo, use up, repeat".

jjbduke2004

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2008
    Morris Oblast, NJ SSR
    Very sad, the People for the Ethical Treatment of Pumpguns, (PETP) has lost its founder. Dave "held court" on TFL and THR in the shotgun forum for many years. I conversed with him briefly via PM when I moved to MD, but sadly never had the opportunity to shoot with him.

Dave also used to say that to him a "used $10,000 shotgun with case" meant a beat up old 870 that came with a used pickup truck.

May God comfort his family among the mourners of Zion and Jerusalem.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I didn't know this but Dave lived in Columbia. wow.

Was he a member here? Never saw any posts.

Dave was committed to his work at THR. Wasn't a negative thing about here, it's just that he already had a "job" there.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    ah shit.....Dave gave me my first trap lessons many years ago and was kind enough to help me get my gun set up with a proper stock and adjustable plate that he refused to take any money for no matter how much I tried to pay him.

That man could burn up a round of trap with a pump gun like no other, including doubles.

One of the first gun guys I ever met and one of the nicest human beings on the face of the planet with more shotgun knowledge than one human should be allowed to possess.

RIP my friend.

Very sorry to hear. Dave taught me how to use a shotgun.

These to posts sum up my story as well.

He will be missed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom