• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I just finished my first AR lower build. I have decided that I want to put an A2 upper on this. I am not interested in building an upper. I want to buy a complete A2 upper. Does anybody have any recommendations or any to avoid? Are there any hot deals out there right now? Thanks for your help.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I second this. However, I haven't found any uppers from them with a fixed carry handle. I'm pretty sure that they are all flat top uppers. But you could always add the carry handle.

I'm looking for a fixed carry handle. I already have a flat top with a detachable carry handle.

CATMdude

I like turtles
    Dec 29, 2012
    Frederick
    When I was searching for an A2 upper, I didn't find too many companies selling them.

Model 1: the price is good but I saw a bunch of bad reviews and only a few folks saying that they didn't have any issues with it. Maybe someone that has one can chime in.

White Oak Armament: I've read nothing but good reviews and the price is right too but their lead time was so backed up that they stopped taking orders for their Service Rifle Uppers.

I ended up paying for a Colt A2 upper from Autoweapons.com. It was pricey, but available.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    When I was searching for an A2 upper, I didn't find too many companies selling them.

Model 1: the price is good but I saw a bunch of bad reviews and only a few folks saying that they didn't have any issues with it. Maybe someone that has one can chime in.

White Oak Armament: I've read nothing but good reviews and the price is right too but their lead time was so backed up that they stopped taking orders for their Service Rifle Uppers.

I ended up paying for a Colt A2 upper from Autoweapons.com. It was pricey, but available.

Yeah, I've had the same problem. I can't find may selling the A2. I will check out Autoweapons, thanks.

I have one if you would like to try it out... could bring it with next time engineerbrian and I come up for a visit.. Its a DPMS

I would love to try it out. I am not an AR snob. I have a DPMS Oracle and I love it. Hurry up here soon. We need a visit from the Eastern branch of the Hooligans anyhow.

CATMdude

I like turtles
    Dec 29, 2012
    Frederick
    Yeah, I've had the same problem. I can't find may selling the A2. I will check out Autoweapons, thanks.

I should also add that the picture had the bolt carrier group and charging handle in it, but it does not come with either. And the owner types in all caps, all the time, don't take it personally.

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    Buck even though you said you dont want to build an upper... why not build one? There not overcomplicated, and you wont have to set headspace.

You should check the headspace for safety issues. If its out of spec, then its a barrel machining issue.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I should also add that the picture had the bolt carrier group and charging handle in it, but it does not come with either. And the owner types in all caps, all the time, don't take it personally.

I checked out the site that you recommended. I could not find any A2 uppers. Maybe I missed them, that site is very hard to navigate. Thank you anyhow.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Buck even though you said you dont want to build an upper... why not build one? There not overcomplicated, and you wont have to set headspace.

You should check the headspace for safety issues. If its out of spec, then its a barrel machining issue.

Building just seems like too much of a hassle to me. I may not have much of a choice though. If only I could find a Hooligan that wants to sell one.:innocent0

Gmercury2000

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2013
    Gambrills
    You can buy them on rock rivers website, just for craps and giggles I called their sales dept today and they will ship uppers to md. They just will not ship lowers. The prices are on the up side but I've had good luck with their product. I'm thinking about getting a mid length a2 upper myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom