• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    The Walmart along Rt198 and BW Parkway was caught with its doors down aka no bags and not ready at all. The warehous was supposed to send them brown paper bags but of course they did not and their are out. They have tiny brown bags and or blue woven ones but then they are overpacked as well. All in all its a major PIA and someone needs to bring it to the attention of the county and mabe have them re think about that ban.
    That’s assuming the County cares or wants to rethink their mistakes.

N3uka

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2013
    College Park
    Had to laugh yesterday at CVS in PG county. Was asked if I wanted a bag, charged 10 cents and then handed a disposable plastic bag. Don't think they quite read the regulations.

GenoBluzGtr

Mar 23, 2018
    God forbid we use a thin little plastic bag to take home that package of (fill in the blank here...meat? toy? toilet paper? paper towels? cheese? you name it) that is wrapped in cellophane, sitting on plastic liner and housed in styrofoam.

Or heaven forbid I get a plastic straw at a drive through, when they give me plastic utensils, sealed inside a plastic bag to eat my meal from a styrofoam container.

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    Plastics although convenient suck. Most all of you find this as a bullsh!t inconvenience because you are actually conscientious stewards of the environment. What percent of the population do you think fit that mold? MaxVO2 images speak volumes. There are massive "patches" of plastics all over our oceans. Garbage Patch Yeah, during it's infancy here in MoCo, I too forgot my reusable bags so I either wheeled the cart to my car or took home one of the store's baskets which I returned on my next visit. I know have 2 or 3 reusable bags in each of my vehicles. No biggie...

King Chicken

I identify as King/Emperor
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 24, 2022
    Land Full of Marys - MoCo
    Here ya go:

You wouldn't think MDS would attract statists.
    My inquiry into reusable bags or reusing bags is my Communist jihad.

1000004678.png

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    Can someone explain to me why buying reusable grocery and produce bags is such a terrible thing?
    Or, why single use plastic bags are so important?
    Although as a matter of principle I don’t like the county telling me I can’t access convenient plastic bags (that as others have stated are put to many good uses at home including by me) I’d probably just shrug it off as inevitable nanny statisms, if that was all the recent law did. But my larger objection is that AACO forces merchants to charge a dime for every paper bag. Clearly the paper bags cost a tiny fraction of one cent wholesale, and also just as clearly they’d give them away for free for the convenience of their customers … as merchants do all over the rest of the country, in what’s known as Free America.

Last edited:

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Spotted this contraband in the Sterling, VA Costco on Tuesday.

PXL_20240123_183929554.jpg

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I am a loser, I thought there was more serious issues facing our counties and the state.

Bags seem to be so far down on the list when you have real problems fixed

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    Plastics although convenient suck. Most all of you find this as a bullsh!t inconvenience because you are actually conscientious stewards of the environment. What percent of the population do you think fit that mold? MaxVO2 images speak volumes. There are massive "patches" of plastics all over our oceans. Garbage Patch Yeah, during it's infancy here in MoCo, I too forgot my reusable bags so I either wheeled the cart to my car or took home one of the store's baskets which I returned on my next visit. I know have 2 or 3 reusable bags in each of my vehicles. No biggie...

Over 2 decades I spent riding ships in the Navy, never saw a "garbage patch" in open ocean. Red Sea and North Arabian Gulf were gross but that was isolated.

Rich1911

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2012
    Over 2 decades I spent riding ships in the Navy, never saw a "garbage patch" in open ocean. Red Sea and North Arabian Gulf were gross but that was isolated.
    Take a cruise out of ft. Smallwood park after the sewage plants dump their “leftovers”…

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Take an offshore fishing trip to the Atlantic Gulf Stream, your captain will find one for you.

"Trash lines" and "weed lines" formed by interaction between current and wind provide shade for fish and are some of the best fishing spots. I've seen trash lines off Hattaras that go for miles (knots?), mostly plastics.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    Take an offshore fishing trip to the Atlantic Gulf Stream, your captain will find one for you.

"Trash lines" and "weed lines" formed by interaction between current and wind provide shade for fish and are some of the best fishing spots. I've seen trash lines off Hattaras that go for miles (knots?), mostly plastics.

Spent more time on the Atlantic than anywhere, thanks. Nope, nothing. This idea that there are giant floating islands of garbage is a myth as far as I can tell.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Just a month in, it's clear that Pissman has managed to set society back 40+ years.

People clambering about with armfuls and bagfuls of bags, just to do a little shopping.

I'm wondering how much 'fun' it will be once all the chintzy cloth bags start showing up in the trees and waters of the county.

BurtonRW

Oct 19, 2007
    Pasadena
    For anyone who knows who passed this ordinance. Please send them this. NJ has been a disaster since 2022.

Happy to, but if I’m not going to “register” with FoxNews, neither are the halfwits who voted for this.

Care to cut & paste the article for us?

-Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom