• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    I have an opportunity to get an Action Arms UZI for about $1500.00. Does that seem like a fair price? It comes with one 15 rnd mag and appears to be in pretty good shape.

Thanks,

Dave

boardboy330

Resident Secret Squirrel
    Mar 18, 2008
    I wouldn't pay over $1000 myself. I have seen them listed online for $1500 before and I saw them over and over (unsold). $1000-1250 might be more the range. It all depends on shape, accessories, etc. For $1500...I would expect a box, 20 or 30 mags (more than 15 rounds) and other toys.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    $1200-$1300 is the range these days. And, frankly, you might be better off with a Vector for much less...at least Vector is still around.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Considering a Vector. A few of them for sale on Gunbroker. Might wait to see what else comes along rather than get the one I saw at the tyo store.

Dave

RCH

Will work for ammo.
    Mar 18, 2007
    PG County
    From the few that I have handled, the Vectors quality does not compare to the Action Arms product. Parts (if needed) can be found if you know where to shop.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Yeah, but gunsmith time isn't free, and the Vector comes with a five year warranty. The Uzi is an obsolete weapon, it's nothing but a range toy in semi-auto.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    Dave, i think this is on the high side.
    1100-1200 is more realistic.

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    Yeah, but gunsmith time isn't free, and the Vector comes with a five year warranty. The Uzi is an obsolete weapon, it's nothing but a range toy in semi-auto.

Now, now, that's unfair. I wouldn't consider my Mini-Uzi any more of a range toy than any of my other guns. It can still put a hurting on anyone downrange. (I do like the PS90 better, but I'd never say so where the Uzi can hear; she has a temper):D

From the few that I have handled, the Vectors quality does not compare to the Action Arms product. Parts (if needed) can be found if you know where to shop.

Interesting, I have the opposite opinion. I think my Vector Mini Uzi is at least as well built as the Action Arms gun I've handled. At least from external appearances.

Billman

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
    May 18, 2010
    Sykesville, MD
    Interesting, I have the opposite opinion. I think my Vector Mini Uzi is at least as well built as the Action Arms gun I've handled.[/QUOTE]

I agree with Darth

Buy a Vector and SBR that thing, now you're talking.

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    Mine is a factory SBR I got last year from 2A Sales. It was $1150 IRRC. Its a very nice gun. Had a few stovepipes the first 3 mags, but after it was broken-in its been flawless. I just got the stamp for the Trident 9 suppressor two weeks ago. As soon as my unvented barrel arrives this week, I'm gonna try her out.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    YEah I did a little GunBroker search and came up with a couple of Vectors with (5x) 15rnd mags, xtra wood stock and sling for around $1500 and around $1200 or so for a couple of different IMI UZI's that have supposidly little or no use with the original box and all.

So, I will have to see what I can bid on. I see from previous comments that the Vector and Action Arms (aka IMI) are liked equaly. Although for some reason I am drawn towards to IMI (aka Action Arms) version.

Will have to see how this works out. Only other problem I have is where to store it. i am compltely out of safe room.

Dave

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Now, now, that's unfair. I wouldn't consider my Mini-Uzi any more of a range toy than any of my other guns. It can still put a hurting on anyone downrange. (I do like the PS90 better, but I'd never say so where the Uzi can hear; she has a temper):D
    My problem with the Uzi is weight. It is a damned heavy gun for what it is, and the value equation gets worse when you take away the fully-automatic capability that leverages its weight. You're left with an overly-heavy 9mm rifle that has very poor optics mounting options... and if you're shooting in semi-auto, you may as well go with a rifle caliber for serious work.

If I were going to go down the pistol caliber SBR route again, I'd be thinking hard about dressing up a Glock in a FAB Defense KPOS G2 stock. Extremely light, same magazine insertion technique as an Uzi, excellent optics mounting options, easy build on a form 1, lots of caliber conversion potential, etc. Bit of a pig in a wig feel to it, but there's a lot to love.

RCH

Will work for ammo.
    Mar 18, 2007
    PG County
    I wouldn't call the Uzi obsolete, more like a antique (The Uzi is 60 years old!) with a history that gives it a classic firearm status. It evolved into variants: the Mini, Micro, and lastly the Uzi Pro models.

Are there lighter pistol caliber carbines/SBRs on the market now? Are their better rifles to use for self-defense now? Yes to both, but remember that the UZI was an open bolt submachine gun first and the weight helped with the full-auto recoil. The Carbine is just the semi-auto only verison with a silly long 16 inch barrel. Load up a mag of +p 9mm and have fun!

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    You're talking to a guy who paid the money for a high-end Galil SAR build; I'm well aware of the appeal of classics. But I'm also honest with myself about them... there's a reason these guns went out of use.

RCH

Will work for ammo.
    Mar 18, 2007
    PG County
    Weapon evolution, the FOPA of '86, and the assault weapons ban killed it (and others- farewell HK 94) in the US.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Weapon evolution, the FOPA of '86, and the assault weapons ban killed it (and others- farewell HK 94) in the US.

I actually have a real German HK94A3 already. Have an MP5SD clone in the pipe as a range beater. Looking at a German HK G1 and G3 to add to the collection but got side tracked by an UZI urge. Not looking for a safe queen mind you, but something reliable none the less.

Thanks for all the input folks.

Dave

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Its hard to go over $1,000 on these.

Also unless you are planning to SBR it or get one cheap I would think twice, there is something unsatisfying about an UZI with a 16" barrel. Shame we cant have the UZI pistols and micros anymore they are loads of fun.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Yeah I just saw another listing on another website for an IMI UZI Type B. It is in 45 Cal and all the boxes, manuals and parts are there as well as a 9mm conversion kit in it's original hard case. Thing is they want $2500.00 for the lot. Comes with two magazines.

Thoughts? I think, even though it appears to be a very clean UZI, that the amount is still a bit high.

Dave

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Yeah I just saw another listing on another website for an IMI UZI Type B. It is in 45 Cal and all the boxes, manuals and parts are there as well as a 9mm conversion kit in it's original hard case. Thing is they want $2500.00 for the lot. Comes with two magazines.

Thoughts? I think, even though it appears to be a very clean UZI, that the amount is still a bit high.

Dave

Way high, unless it comes with both the 9mm and 45 kit, and even then a little pricey. There is a similar one on GB in 9mm sitting at $1500.

Just as reference, when I was price shopping recently for one of these you could buy a

IMI Type A or B for around $1,000 to $1,200
    Add about $700 for the original IMI .45 caliber conversion kit
    Add $30 for each additional 9mm mag
    Add $100 for each additional .45 mag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads