• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    This may be old new or incorrect but a search didn't turn anything up. I was in an LGS tonite and they told me ADCOR was shut or shutting down. Apparently city taxes and rain tax did them in. Anyone know anything about this? I have a NIB 10" ADCOR upper that I'll be very tempted to sell if this is true.

Dukes Defense

Oct 2, 2012
    That would be interesting and a big loss for the firearms industry. Their B.E.A.R is really innovative and has a lot of features we will undoubtably see in the future in mainstream rifles. I can see where market timing and having their business in Maryland puts them at a huge disadvantage in this market. And with the Obama administration canceling the M4 replacement competition they would be hard pressed to sell a high end product, no matter how good, when prices are really starting to drop. I haven't seen anything either locally or in the industry news about this...

FPL53

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2013
    Frederick
    And to think, I am cuurently thinking of purchasing their 18" complete upper. I guess if I still go through with it I should also purchase some additional parts. Maybe I can catch a good sae price on the BEAR.

11b10

Jun 15, 2010
    Union Bridge, MD
    Where does " Apparently city taxes and rain tax did them in." come from- this is false... I have a friend there, they are undercapitalized,, owe lots of money to their barrel makers are on credit hold with barrel makers. Kinda hard to make guns to sell if you can't get barrels cause you got no money. - This also worsens their fate as no large distributors (which you need to move large amounts of guns) will not touch them (Adcor) since they can not reliably provide the numbers the distributors need. Kinda sucks to promote their product (adcor) then not get them. They will move on to a company that can supply large numbers to them- that is how distributors make money. They are in HUD zone for the benefits of federal contracting to supply component parts as a subcontractor for larger products, they have been doing this for a long time, the gun business is just additional work for their machines.

My own opinion- I knew they were having problems when I read on MDS that Bollinger gun shop went there and the Pres and Vp spent the better part of a day, took them to dinner and sold them a (few) guns.. Nothing against Bollingers, I'm sure they had a fun day touring the facility, eating,shooting. But.. knowing a friend that works for a gun company, they spend their time with the big distributors ( RSR, AMCHAR ext) taking them to dinner spending a day with them negotiating how many guns a quarter they will take, because they buy guns in blocks of 1,000 products. - not several - So in the time it took Jimmy owner of Adcor to sell several guns to Bollingers, he should have been able to sell 3,000 to one of the large distributors- do you understand the problem now.

This may be old new or incorrect but a search didn't turn anything up. I was in an LGS tonite and they told me ADCOR was shut or shutting down. Apparently city taxes and rain tax did them in. Anyone know anything about this? I have a NIB 10" ADCOR upper that I'll be very tempted to sell if this is true.

RUOMO10

Dec 16, 2012
    Maryland
    I hope they don't shutdown cause I want an upper pretty bad. They are right down the street from my father's business.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    Sad fate for their firearms division, but we will probably see a lot of this over the next year or two. The AR market is completely saturated with small companies cranking out low cost parts and complete firearms. The deviation in quality between the high end boutique manufacturers and the run the mill low end manufacturers has decreased significantly. As much as folks complain about DPMS, slap a decent trigger in one and it's hard to discern a major difference between it and a Colt. Is the quality control as good? Hell no, but the gap has shrunk considerably.

The big players saw this coming and have consolidated, i.e. Remington, Bushmaster, DPMS. Smith and Wesson, the largest commercial AR manufacturer by volume, has the ability to elastically scale and has a diverse product line outside of ARs.

I think we are going to see a lot more ADCORs disappear in the near future kind of like the PC market circa 1985.

11b10

Jun 15, 2010
    Union Bridge, MD
    If you guys want to know, why not just call?

That could work,, they may even tell you--

** we have no sales **
    1) we can't pay our bills, have no money because of above
    2) we had to lay people off because of above
    3) Can't get good sales reps, because we can not produce large quantities of guns because of above. And no good rep wants to put his reputation on the line to not deliver- they have the contacts and rolodex and interview the manufacturer.

I hope they get an infusion of cash, to work this out.

Adcordefense

May 21, 2013
    Just to clear up the rumors, Adcor Defense is not going out of business. We have introduced a new rifle, the Adcor A-556 ELITE, manufactured from all billet 7075 aluminum that we will be debuting at the shows. Additionally, we are in competition for the new US ARMY Forward Rail System.

Come see us at the BIG ROCK SHOW in Raleigh, NC (January 10th – 12th), SHOT SHOW 2014 in Vegas (January 12th – 18th), and the HICKS SHOW in Sandestin, FL (January 23rd – 24th).

Visit us on Facebook and at www.adcordefense.com. Check out Clint Romesha, Congressional Medal of Honor Recipient, putting the ADCOR A–556 ELITE to the test at https://vimeo.com/81368336.

Adcordefense

May 21, 2013
    Just to clear up the rumors, Adcor Defense is not going out of business. We have introduced a new rifle, the Adcor A-556 ELITE, manufactured from all billet 7075 aluminum that we will be debuting at the shows. Additionally, we are in competition for the new US ARMY Forward Rail System.

Come see us at the BIG ROCK SHOW in Raleigh, NC (January 10th – 12th), SHOT SHOW 2014 in Vegas (January 12th – 18th), and the HICKS SHOW in Sandestin, FL (January 23rd – 24th).

Visit us on Facebook and at www.adcordefense.com. Check out Clint Romesha, Congressional Medal of Honor Recipient, putting the ADCOR A–556 ELITE to the test at https://vimeo.com/81368336.

annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!

Here's a question: will you guys start producing a Maryland HBAR compliant model?

FPL53

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2013
    Frederick

I was looking at your ELITE online the other night wondering if it is an updated version of the B.E.A.R. The reason I ask that is the prices for the ELITE completed uppers are less on your website than what I am being quoted from several LGS's for the B.E.A.R. completed upper. I presently have one of your completed lowers and would love to attach one of your uppers to it.

11b10

Jun 15, 2010
    Union Bridge, MD
    No one said you were "going out of business", I was just pointing out that ADCOR was not doing well-- sorry "no sales" should have been low sales.

The facts are un-denialble:

A while ago Adcor was into FN for barrels (for the elite) for quite a bit, I know this from someone at FN, also the FN guy knew they were into green mountain barrels (for the standard) for a lot. Both of these companies wanted this cleared up before shipping more.

And the biggie- During the largest "Black Rifle Bonaza" of sales where other firms had record profits and sales off the charts like never ever before, ADCOR was laying off employees.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County

No one said you were "going out of business", I was just pointing out that ADCOR was not doing well-- sorry "no sales" should have been low sales.

Guess you didn't even bother reading the original post?

11b10

Jun 15, 2010
    Union Bridge, MD

Did you read the original post? He was posting what some one other than on this board or thread said, referring to them as "they" not me. He was also asking a question if anyone here knew about statement that he heard elsewhere. No one here stated they were done, just exploring facts that they are having issues, and if they do go out based on the facts it was not city taxes or rain water taxes.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    Did you read the original post? He was posting what some one other than on this board or thread said, referring to them as "they" not me. He was also asking a question if anyone here knew about statement that he heard elsewhere. No one here stated they were done, just exploring facts that they are having issues, and if they do go out based on the facts it was not city taxes or rain water taxes.

So I guess the guy at the local gun store doesn't count as a human? Or does the word no one refer only to people on mdshooters now?

11b10

Jun 15, 2010
    Union Bridge, MD

So I guess the guy at the local gun store doesn't count as a human? Or does the word no one refer only to people on mdshooters now?

Most people would take it as Md shooters since the original post was quoting a statement that he heard, followed by a question asking if anybody referring to MD shooters knows anything. Followed by ADCOR stating they are not done. So no one here made the statement they were done, sorry if that was confusing.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Where does " Apparently city taxes and rain tax did them in." come from- this is false... I have a friend there, they are undercapitalized,, owe lots of money to their barrel makers are on credit hold with barrel makers. Kinda hard to make guns to sell if you can't get barrels cause you got no money. - This also worsens their fate as no large distributors (which you need to move large amounts of guns) will not touch them (Adcor) since they can not reliably provide the numbers the distributors need. Kinda sucks to promote their product (adcor) then not get them. They will move on to a company that can supply large numbers to them- that is how distributors make money. They are in HUD zone for the benefits of federal contracting to supply component parts as a subcontractor for larger products, they have been doing this for a long time, the gun business is just additional work for their machines.

My own opinion- I knew they were having problems when I read on MDS that Bollinger gun shop went there and the Pres and Vp spent the better part of a day, took them to dinner and sold them a (few) guns.. Nothing against Bollingers, I'm sure they had a fun day touring the facility, eating,shooting. But.. knowing a friend that works for a gun company, they spend their time with the big distributors ( RSR, AMCHAR ext) taking them to dinner spending a day with them negotiating how many guns a quarter they will take, because they buy guns in blocks of 1,000 products. - not several - So in the time it took Jimmy owner of Adcor to sell several guns to Bollingers, he should have been able to sell 3,000 to one of the large distributors- do you understand the problem now.

All of what you say is why I started this thread. Found it hard to believe the would close up shop as they manufacture many other things. Guns were an ad on. I believe they have some govt contracts to boot. I just repeated what I was told by an LGS so was looking for answers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scooby225

Latest threads

Top Bottom