• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • c33m0n3y

Mar 14, 2010
    Howard County
    Just a heads up that AIM has K31's at reasonable prices, with both beech and walnut stocks. They had $30 bayonets but they already sold out. I picked up a walnut stock rifle with a bayo, as I have a beech stock one that I have setup with a scope, so this way I can use the new one for iron sights-only shooting and overall fondling purposes.

Here's the link:

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?groupid=847&name=Swiss+K31+7.5x55+Rifle+Package

IMHO This rifle gives a huge bang for the buck (pun somewhat intended :) )

DEX

scruffy-lookin nerfherder
    Aug 16, 2013
    Glen Burnie, MD
    I finally broke down and bought the walnut stock w/ hand pick earlier today... I used to have so much more money before I was actively viewing this site :sad20:

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I finally broke down and bought the walnut stock w/ hand pick earlier today... I used to have so much more money before I was actively viewing this site :sad20:

Lol, tell me about it.

Congrats on the K31, you won't be disappointed.:thumbsup:

nobis1

Aug 5, 2012
    Ditto on the K31. They are such well made, accurate rifles. Be careful though, Swiss rifles have a way of multiplying.

nobis1

Aug 5, 2012
    I noticed they had new pictures up with a "billboard" import mark on the receiver. The old ad said the import mark was discreet, but now the language is gone. I emailed about it and got an email saying if I did not want the billboard, I could cancel within 24 hours.

So, if it does not bother you, no worries. If it does, contact Aim soon because you will otherwise get a billboard import marked rifle.

DEX

scruffy-lookin nerfherder
    Aug 16, 2013
    Glen Burnie, MD
    I just received that email from them about the import markings. I'm gonna have to shoot a look to the site to see the pictures then...

edit: Yeah, I looked at the billboard on that. Not exactly sure I want that defacing on a rifle I'm spending over 300 for...

Last edited:

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    The mark is kinda nasty

Attachments

• k31 import mark.JPG
      k31 import mark.JPG
      36.2 KB · Views: 185

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I love K31s, I have 4 of them. That said, $340 is a lot for one sight unseen with that import mark. I will (and have) have paid much more than that for a nice example, but I'd pass on these for that price.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Holy Carp!
    that's about one of the worse Billboard ive seen on such a precision fiream.
    I consider myself lucky, Mine is below front of barrel and its misprinted. The Dot matrix laser failed on mine and its like 1/4" of gobbltygook that almost looks like a small scratch.

c33m0n3y

Mar 14, 2010
    Howard County
    Mine's coming today. I'm ok with the stamp. I already have an all matching beechwood with matching-serial bayonet and troop tag with a smaller import stamp, so this latest one will truly be a shooter. Stamp and all, I still think that for $300-odd you can't get a better quality rifle.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Mine's coming today. I'm ok with the stamp. I already have an all matching beechwood with matching-serial bayonet and troop tag with a smaller import stamp, so this latest one will truly be a shooter. Stamp and all, I still think that for $300-odd you can't get a better quality rifle.

I completely agree. K31s are really nice rifles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom