• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Greetings,

I've been wanting a authentic M91/30 Sniper for some time. I'm currently restoring a M91/30 Ex-Sniper, I have the bolt done so far. AIM has what they call authentic M91/30 Sniper rifles for $549.95. Is this a good price? I've ordered many C&R firearms from AIM and have NEVER been disappointed. I just wanted to get your input. Thanks.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Chances are they are not authentic, but cobbled together rifles with turned-down bolts and aftermarket scope bases.

The authentic ones were sold decades ago.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Just like the other Mosins, these were refurbed. The scopes were sent to another factory then put back together and test fired. Likely knew glass. Its history is what it is.
    My PU Sniper has a really tight bore and no frosting. Scope holds zero (if I don't accidentally hit the knobs putting it in the safe). Excellent shooter but I may have been lucky. Mine was 1943 all matching (refurb matched of course) and a war time stock.

I do know they're refurbed. I looked closer at the pictures of the rifles and saw crossed out scope numbers on the receiver. The sniper I'm working on has the numbers too. I still have to drill out the plug screws, inlet the stock and get a authentic scope. Maybe I'll just finish the one I have, maybe not. If I get one complete then I can wait on the other one. As many have already said, "you can never have too many Mosins". Am I right?

mossy33oak

Nov 29, 2011
    Curl Cowty
    I bought one from classic in May, and from what I've seen the ones from AIM are identical. All numbers matching, light refurb, light shellac, stock cartrouches in tact, original scope number lined out, new number stamped on gun, electro penciled on scope mount. Bore was like a mirror, and touches bullets at 100 yards

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom