• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shiloh228

Dec 25, 2012
    Ballmer County
    I just tried to order some ammo (9mm Luger) from Sportsman's Warehouse, and was informed: "Fiocchi 9mm Luger 115gr FMJ cannot be shipped to MD. Please remove the item or enter another shipping address."

WTF?

Anybody offer an explanation? Thanks.

sygata

Feb 13, 2012
    The Sportsman's Guide was doing that for a while.

Actually there is a new thing, that k-var and The Sportsman's Guide pulling now:
    Parts kits cannot be shipped to MD. (tried to get AK-74 parts kit)

DaveB_MD

Jan 18, 2013
    I'd dump buying from Sportsman's Guide. I've had ammo of multiple calibers shipped to my door step with no issues from Cheaper Than Dirt.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Find another vendor, plenty are willing to ship to MD still.

For the time being anyways.

Ungermc

Uses Gun-oil Aftershave
    I can understand a vendor misunderstanding MD laws...heck, we're still trying to get straight answers on many issues. It's just one more headache for prisoners of the MD Gulag. For instance...we all deal with purchases of firearms which are bundled with magazines that are not allowed for transfer into MD, in some cases the seller might sub. a smaller mag, in many they simply don't ship any mag., but usually don't discount the sale price...so here we are again taking it on the chin because of MOM's asinine legislation.

JAD

Nov 22, 2012
    Pasadena, MD
    The problem is, small stores will not spend the time to read the laws here in other states. They will assume the worst and just refuse to do business with us for their own legal protection.

Kagetsu

Feb 4, 2009
    As far as I know there aren't any MD laws about ammo to misunderstand. The only hitch I've seen is you can't have a company that ships by FedEx or UPS ship to a PO box

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Playing the BS card ...

Unless this a VERY recent development, I'd say that there is something else in play.

I have purchased ammo from SG as recent as a month ago and had no problems, and I have a backorder being shipped on Tuesday next week.

That said, I am a 'long standing SG member', so maybe they think I'm 'special' ... :o

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    As Zane stated in Post 7, The OP is talking about Sportsman's Warehouse, not Sportsman's Guide.

Mr Bear

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Maryland
    Just sent an email to sportsman's warehouse asking how/why they made the business decision to exclude Md from its client list.

When I attempted to order 9mm ammo, the system informed me SW did not ship ammo to Md.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom