• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crfakm4

hotel z71
    Jun 8, 2008
    MD
    " Prvi Partizan® 62 - gr., .223 (5.56x45 mm) FMJBT Ammunition, 500 rds.

Now $299.97 "

I received the above email from TheSportsmansGuide claiming ammo deals.

They can suck my rebel d*ck..A year ago $300 or so would net you 1k rds..This is truly out of hand..:mad54:

I still dont understand why ammo keeps rising.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    That is exhorbinant but I suspect it is something we are going to have to live with. Buy as much cheap ammo as possible and diversify your calibers (I suspect I will be doing more Mosin shooting than other shooting)(

crabhab

Feb 14, 2007
    Ammo prices are unreal. I am about to stop shooting all my centerfire rifles and pistols. It is almost impossible to replace my 9mm and .223 stocks at a reasonable price.

I have been moving more towards 22lr. I have bought four rimfires in the last two years. 22lr is soooo cheap to shoot and fun. Maybe i will look into 22lr kits for the two Sig Sauer P226 pistols i shoot alot or get a suppressed pistol or tacticool 22lr rifle.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Ammo prices are going to drop soon, barring WW3 or some push for new gun-control legislation. The panic buyers have already stocked up, metal prices are way down from the peak of last summer. Most people due large tax refunds have already spent them. Unemployment is WAY up, and nobody's going to keep hoarding more ammo when they're out of a job.

Todd v.

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2008
    South Carolina
    Yea that's crazy... Just keep your eyes open at a few decent sites and you'll catch some in stock. If nobody buys the overpriced stuff the prices will come down. I just bought that same stuff a month or so ago for $365/1000 from Wideners and also 1K of their M193 for $386 shipped a few weeks ago. Stick with the good guys and try and catch it in stock. $600 a brick is ridiculous, don't do it unless your desperate.

Wideners will give you a hint as to when they expect more in if you send them an email also.

crasher

" Prvi Partizan® 62 - gr., .223 (5.56x45 mm) FMJBT Ammunition, 500 rds.

Now $299.97 "

I received the above email from TheSportsmansGuide claiming ammo deals.

They can suck my rebel d*ck..A year ago $300 or so would net you 1k rds..This is truly out of hand..:mad54:

I still dont understand why ammo keeps rising.

Common reason is that more new people bought up more new guns and had to feed all those new appetites [new SHTF reserves had to go from zero to stocked].
    Apparently It has also been speculated that all that *stock market /Wall Street money* that got pulled out of wall street had to find new commodities to invest in when the market hit the skids, CDs are returning .04% and petroleum futures took a dump. Ammo, firearms and firearm components are all seen as investment commodities now. Check out the ammo and parts prices on gunbroker.com.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Ammo prices are going to drop soon, barring WW3 or some push for new gun-control legislation. The panic buyers have already stocked up, metal prices are way down from the peak of last summer. Most people due large tax refunds have already spent them. Unemployment is WAY up, and nobody's going to keep hoarding more ammo when they're out of a job.

I'm not so sure. The two main causes for the panic buying are still around, people, as you can see here, are not shooting their stocks, firearm ownership went way up for the same two reasons, I don't think production went up in any significant way (meaning building increased capacity v. overtime production) because the manufacturer's have to believe this is a blip. I think if the off-cycle elections show gun-grabing-liberals losing you might see a let up but nothing soon. I hope I'm wrong.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    SG used to have pretty competitive prices on ammo, especially when you added in their 5 or 10 dollar coupons, but it seems like the last couple of years they've gone up a good bit. I really have come to like Wideners. They seem to have the best prices and their shipping is close to cost.

I don't know about the ammo shortage. I think its anybody's guess. On one hand I think the hoarding is going to play out eventually, the military demand is going to drop, and though its not a good thing, with the economy the way it is folks are just plain going to start running out of money for more ammo. On the other hand, all it will take is one anti-gun bill to start gaining traction and that will stir it all up again. The "Gun Show Loophole" bill was just introduced at a press conference last week by Carolyn McCarthy and her ilk with a companion bill in the Senate from Lautenberg.

blindnoodle

Livin' the dream!
    Apr 21, 2009
    Apparently It has also been speculated that all that *stock market /Wall Street money* that got pulled out of wall street had to find new commodities to invest in when the market hit the skids, CDs are returning .04% and petroleum futures took a dump. Ammo, firearms and firearm components are all seen as investment commodities now. Check out the ammo and parts prices on gunbroker.com.

If big market players thought firearms, ammunition or anything related to them were good investments with a high prospect of return I don't think they would be walking into a store and buying them... or even bulk ordering straight from the manufacturer. They would just buy the manufacturer themselves.

Right now all world stock markets are down almost 30 trillion dollars from their highpoint in 2007. That doesn't include bond markets, futures markets (commodity markets), or derivative markets (which were once thought to be worth 500 trillion plus).

I don't think Jp Morgan, BoA, BBT, or even Credit Suisse are hoarding ammo... I have no proof of this, but I have a hunch...

IlikeNFA

Certified Gear Queer
    Aug 27, 2008
    Goodbye MD, Hello freedom
    I too think the ammo situation is about to turn around. It wasnt 3 weeks ago that you could backorder 1k x39 from SG for 239/1k...they have since upped that to 299/1k. Prices are still ugly, but I think shortly its going to get back to a reasonable level. Slowly sites are getting more and more in stock. Personally I have stopped buying any unless its from Wally where I know I can still get a good price.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    It better burst. I just missed a delivery from SG for 240 rounds of Wolf Military @ 80 bucks. Not so bad of a price but I just let them keep it and refund me.

I miss the AmmoMan prices of like 300 for a case with free ship, 223.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom