• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aug 2, 2007
    Harford County
    I'd really like to see an Ammo Forum in The Arsenal. There seems to be a different ammunition thread started every few hours in the rifles/pistols/rimfire/shotgun areas and I feel a dedicated forum (where these threads could be moved) would allow users to discuss ammunition-related topics without filling the other sub-forums with another "9mm vs 45ACP" thread that doesn't specifically relate to actual pistols (or 7.62X39 vs 5.56 for rifles etc.)

We could post a few stickies related to self-defense ammo, ammo deals, and so on.

I know some other forums (specifically one dedicated to the AR15) have several ammo forums, but I think one big forum for all types of ammo would be great on this site.

I did a search to see if this had been covered before, but didn't see any direct results. However I did notice the word "AMMO" was a very popular search term.

Nate

Aug 2, 2007
    Harford County
    The Depot - General shooting products and information. Ammunition, parts, optics, gunsmithing, etc.

http://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=76

I know of the depot, but it seems to be a really odd forum and not as frequented. In fact it's not even in The Arsenal parent-forum. Most ammo topics come up in individual forums within The Arsenal. Do a search for something ammo-related, I bet the majority of the hits will be in either Handguns, Rifles, Rimfire, or Shotgun.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Devil Advocate- What's wrong with keeping ammo threads that are related to each main area- in that area? Discussions of pistol ammo in the Handguns section, rifle in rifle, and shotgun in Shotgun?
    Just another thought.

I hate forums that have individual sections for every little thing-but that's just my taste. I'll roll with whatever Don thinks is best for his site.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Devil Advocate- What's wrong with keeping ammo threads that are related to each main area- in that area? Discussions of pistol ammo in the Handguns section, rifle in rifle, and shotgun in Shotgun?
    Just another thought.

I hate forums that have individual sections for every little thing-but that's just my taste. I'll roll with whatever Don thinks is best for his site.

I agree with this guy.

Aug 2, 2007
    Harford County
    Just another thought.

To me having random threads pop up about ammo in each forum feels more disjointed than having all ammo in one forum. I go in to the Handguns forum to read about handguns, not to hear another dead-horse argument over why .40 S&W sucks. People interested in discussing particular loads for their handgun, rimfire, rifle, or shotgun can mosey on over to the Ammo forum and have their discussion (possibly even see the fifteen or twenty other threads started that week about the same thing.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom