• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Abagnale

Jan 27, 2022
    This is the way.

MD isn’t so big one can’t go to PA, WV, VA or DE to buy your needs. Better yet…move out of MD if at all possible.

Hit them where it hurts…their wallet. They’ll learn like they did with O’Malley’s millionaire tax…reduced revenues hurt them. The difference here is that it‘s guns…they’ll never it the mistake but take credit for cutting gun and ammo sales...no matter how disingenuous the argument is. Then raise taxes elsewhere to cover the shortfall for trauma services.
    All of the smart people already left..........

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    I am going to have to rent a small apt in PA, give the mailman a door key. and let MD residents mail things there for 2 bucks delivery. As long as I come close to covering the rent I would be happy.

Of course I might just order a few hundred pmags and sell them for 50 cents over cost, same with various pistol mags

Kagetsu

Feb 4, 2009
    I am going to have to rent a small apt in PA, give the mailman a door key. and let MD residents mail things there for 2 bucks delivery. As long as I come close to covering the rent I would be happy.

Of course I might just order a few hundred pmags and sell them for 50 cents over cost, same with various pistol mags
    I've been considering an UPs Store mailbox. Gives you a real address and receives package deliveries and USMail. It's a matter of how much gas it takes to get there.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    I've been considering an UPs Store mailbox. Gives you a real address and receives package deliveries and USMail. It's a matter of how much gas it takes to get there.
    I have too, but as far as I know they wont accept ammo.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    20231111_151448.jpg

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    According to our wordy 4 boxes attorney, the fees that MD charges for Wear & Carry or HQL would be unconstitutional to the extent that they exceed the actual cost of providing the license: police time in background checks and paperwork. Once charges exceed actual costs of "licensing" a right, the excess is rightly seen as a tax, and it's verboten to tax a right.

Doubtless MD will be on that ASAP; certainly they don't want to do anything unConstitutional. That would be Wrong.

Cheap feathers are a Chinese product, but I think tar is harder to find. Coal tar is carcinogenic, but I don't know the status of wood tar. I do know that tar has fallen into serious disfavor for roofing in the more regulatory of the states.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    . This year my wife registered as a Republican as she is tired of the BS.

That actually decreased her ability for her voting to have any influence .

This is Maryland. The Dem Primary is the most important voting.

P-12 Norm

Why be normal?
    Sep 9, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    According to our wordy 4 boxes attorney, the fees that MD charges for Wear & Carry or HQL would be unconstitutional to the extent that they exceed the actual cost of providing the license: police time in background checks and paperwork. Once charges exceed actual costs of "licensing" a right, the excess is rightly seen as a tax, and it's verboten to tax a right.

Doubtless MD will be on that ASAP; certainly they don't want to do anything unConstitutional. That would be Wrong.

Cheap feathers are a Chinese product, but I think tar is harder to find. Coal tar is carcinogenic, but I don't know the status of wood tar. I do know that tar has fallen into serious disfavor for roofing in the more regulatory of the states.
    Use honey or molasses...and stake 'em on a fire-ant hill.
    And I do believe over a decade ago, some Progressive state tried to tax guns and ammo in order to effectively prohibit it, and teh USSC said it was an infringement. I could be wrong, but I seem to remember thais from back in the 90's or so.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore

1. For systematic reviews of the effects of taxes on alcohol, tobacco, and unhealthy food or beverages, see Elder et al. (2010); Hoffman and Tan (2015); and Wright, Smith, and Hellowell (2017), respectively. For studies of the effects of gasoline taxes, see Li, Linn, and Muehlegger (2014) and Knittel and Sandler (2018). For overviews of U.S. consumption-based tax policy, see Hines (2007) and National Conference of State Legislatures, Fiscal Affairs Program (2010).Return to content ⤴
    2. A large literature has found high rates of tax avoidance and tax evasion in response to cigarette tax differentials (see, for example, Stehr, 2005; Goolsbee, Lovenheim, and Slemrod, 2010; DeCicca, Kenkel, and Liu, 2013). A smaller literature suggests more-modest prevalence of cross-border shopping in response to alcohol price or tax differentials in the United States (see, for example, Beard, Gant, and Saba, 1997; Stehr, 2007). Return to content ⤴
    3. The informal market is defined here as comprising legal but unrecorded private transactions (i.e., secondary markets), as well as illegal trade in firearms (i.e., black markets), following Cook and Leitzel (1996). Return to content ⤴
    4. For further discussion related to firearm taxes, see Cook and Leitzel (1996), Rangappa (2013), Fleischer (2015), and Stevenson (2019). Return to content ⤴
    5. Ammunition may also be considered durable in that it generally has a minimum shelf life of ten years if stored properly (Johnston, 2019). However, unlike firearms, ammunition is typically consumed after one use, although previously fired cartridge cases or shells can be reloaded and reused (Cave, 2019).Return to content ⤴
    6. Estimates of the existing stock of ammunition in the United States were not available.Return to content ⤴
    7. State taxes on the manufacture, sale, possession, carrying, and use of firearms appear to have been more common in the late 1800s and early 1900s. See Spitzer (2017) and Shearer and Anderman (2018) for discussion of the early history of firearm taxation policies.Return to content ⤴
    8. Murphy v. Guerrero, 2016 U.S. Dist. Northern Mariana Islands, 9th Circuit, September 28, 2016.Return to content ⤴
    9. See, for example, Fjestad (2017) and Firearms News (undated). WikiArms (undated), a relatively new website, provides web-scraped data on ammunition prices.Return to content ⤴

Sirex