• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ben_Wood

Jan 30, 2013
    Harford County
    Yesterday, I bought a 20rd pack of WWB 5.56 from Walmart. When I got home I opened one box to find one of the shells having a nice size dent in the shell casing.:mad54: The dent was big enough to make it not straight. I am thinking with this ammo rush, the quality control is going downhill. Anyone else have this experience? I will post a pic when I get home tonight.

risk

Dec 7, 2011
    I've got a lot of WWB 45ACP 100 round packs....never had a problem with them in the past, but now I'm going to check all my rounds.

4095fanatic

Paramagic
    Dec 3, 2010
    I am seeing brands I have never heard of before

My theory: Same reason oil companies are drilling in places they never have before... when prices are cheap, cheap sources are used. When prices are high, they can afford to use more expensive sources and still turn a profit. Back when it was close to a dime per round of 9mm, I'd guess it wasn't economical for a lot of these manufacturers you're now seeing to export to the United States. Now that the price of ammunition is in some cases triple what it used to be, it's profitable. Just my opinion.

Wilda

Jan 21, 2013
    Westminster
    Where is this magical Walmart that you speak of? Aside from the stockpile of ammunition that JMangle and I have up to the ceiling, we haven't been able to find anything in Walmart. I also agree that they probably are letting their QC go. As a company, no one likely anticipates anyone calling and complaining about a dent in a shell out of 20. In the mean time, they can capitalize on the hype.

rmiddle

Ultimate Member
    Sep 8, 2012
    Cleveland, TN
    Yesterday, I bought a 20rd pack of WWB 5.56 from Walmart. When I got home I opened one box to find one of the shells having a nice size dent in the shell casing.:mad54: The dent was big enough to make it not straight. I am thinking with this ammo rush, the quality control is going downhill. Anyone else have this experience? I will post a pic when I get home tonight.

Are you sure the dent happened in the Factory. I worked in a Wal-mart sometime I wonder how many of the overnight stock-men have to use an X when the sign there checks. I have seen PC and TV flung about I couldn't see them being any more careful with the breakout boxes of ammo as they come in.

Ben_Wood

Jan 30, 2013
    Harford County
    Update: I called Winchester and they agree to take it back. UPS picked up the rounds about 3 weeks ago and now I am waiting for my coupons for replacement ammo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom