• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shiloh228

Dec 25, 2012
    Ballmer County
    I saw a report on FoxNews about states that are considering a tax on ammunition...and Maryland was on the list.

IIRC, the report said that Maryland was "considering" a $25 fee on permits to purchase guns, and a 50% tax on ammo.

I searched this forum -- and a summary of the new asinine law -- and couldn't find anything on this.

What's the story?

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    That story had a number of inaccuracies, and should be ignored on its face.

But, that doesn't mean it might not be something we have to fight later.

Voting in 2014?? WAY too late to set a target on... the 2014 GA session comes first.

dspurlock

Mar 31, 2013
    I’ve always thought that this would be the next logical step for those who what to “get the guns”. I truly believe we will be seeing this tactic used both on the state and national level sooner rather then later. If you think about it, it’s probably the most effective way to stop guns from being used and “stop the violence”.

$10 a bullet anyone?

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    The solution, in the near term at least, is to buy your ammo online. Unless the outfit you buy from has a brick and mortar store in your state (ie. Bass Pro, etc.) you won't pay sales tax on an internet order. I've been buying my ammo like this for years, and it's one reason that I had plenty on hand after the Newtown mess pushed ammo prices and availability thru the roof. If you search carefully you can usually find ammo cheaper online than buying it locally, and it gets delivered right to your doorstep, so it's a win-win scenario anyway you look at it.

Doug S

Trufflehunter
    Jan 21, 2013
    Or, just reload. As far as I know, the proposed taxes don't specify the components?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

Based on that link from Fox, the news was from mid March based on the reporting and what was proposed and what has passed in the various states mentioned.

MD's Ammo Tax never made it out of committee, and since the General Assembly closed out on April 8th, there are no other bills this year at all.

Next chance starts on January 3rd 2014.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Or, just reload. As far as I know, the proposed taxes don't specify the components?

There are no proposed taxes at this time, the legislature is done for the year until January 2014.

40-Cal-Polymer

Known Gunmen
    Jan 30, 2013
    Everyone concerned with their rights and freedoms, needs to burn the memory of the war that has been waged upon us over these last 6 months. The ******** "Feel good" legislation, the emotional knee jerk moronic thought process, these shit headed, ass faced clowns that voted to pass this. They shat on the very graves of those who died protecting those rights and I'm certain you all know someone who has fought in or died in combat. They have disgraced these very men and women by stealing like thieves in the night, our rights as Americans. Not only have they defiled the very blood that was shed to defend the Constitution, but they have open the door and paved the road for future assault's if WE do not stand united and remove these diseases from power.

As citizens of this Great Nation, it is our duty to protect her from these vile creatures. Hell hath no fury then a true patriot scorned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom