• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    Yeah it's been over 10 years since the F-18's from VMFA-321 were stationed there. I do miss them.

FA-18A_VMFA-321_2004.jpg

VMF-321 was full of pansies. They were supposed to work with us, MACS-24. They were always late taking off, went out to the Atlantic and went burners down to the working area and then called bingo after about 15 minutes and went home. We had to get Flight Safety to bring out their Lear and MU-2 to fly intercepts for us.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    VMF-321 was full of pansies. They were supposed to work with us, MACS-24. They were always late taking off, went out to the Atlantic and went burners down to the working area and then called bingo after about 15 minutes and went home. We had to get Flight Safety to bring out their Lear and MU-2 to fly intercepts for us.

Didn't that squadron used to go by MAG-41 in the 70's/80's when they had B model Phantoms? I used to borrow their fuel cell sealant gun to get 8802 in the high pressure fittings. Same hangar as us till we moved next door to our own. Even if they were only Jars I liked their schemes. :thumbsup:

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    VMF-321 was part of MAG-41.

I was in MACG-48. We ,MACS-23/MACS-24, were at Quantico, then at Damnek till the Navy threw us off the base. Them we wound up a Camp Pendleton, Virginia, yes Virginia has a state military reservation named Camp Pendleton, just south of Virginia Beach. The governors summer residence is at Camp Pendleton.

SigMatt

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2007
    Shores of the Bay, MD
    I've seen one F-18 (a Rhino) head into Andrews. See a few KC-135s head in and out from time to time. C-17s are common. Caught Air Force One (29000) coming in at evening right over the Beltway. A 737 (unmarked) and some Gulfstreams fly out frequently. A C-130 once in a while.

Never seen an F-15 or an F-22.

F-16s are common sights in the morning between 8 and 9am. This morning I caught a trio on takeoff. Four drop tanks each and AIM-120s on the wingtips. Couldn't make out anything on the centerline. They were headed somewhere. I love it when they're slick and the pilots are deciding to haul ass. Seen a few nice hard turns as they clear the trees.

The end of the Andrews runway for a westward takeoff is right around Exit 11 on the Beltway. I always roll down my window to enjoy the thunder.

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom