• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    My big problem down there is parking.

Both of our vehicles are 7'+ tall. None of the nearby parking garages (and when I say "near by" I mean several blocks away) will not accommodate a vehicle that tall. And the parking lots (even further way) usually usually fill up quickly. So every time I come to Annapolis for something like that, I have to rent a car.

I know I could probably "car pool". But with the nature of my job, there's always the chance that I may have to leave at a moments notice, because a regular customer needs me and it can't wait.

I am going to try for the 4th. If so, I'll be renting a car again.

(And, no, I don't use the stadium lot and "take the shuttle". Been there. Done that. Didn't go well.)

I've always parked at the Naval Academy football field. It's only about 3 blocks away, not a bad walk unless the weather is bad

Edit, Whoops didn't read your whole post. I took the shuttle the first time until I got used to where things are located. If you were there the day the Big O was, yea things were f'd up that day

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    My big problem down there is parking.

Both of our vehicles are 7'+ tall. None of the nearby parking garages (and when I say "near by" I mean several blocks away) will not accommodate a vehicle that tall. And the parking lots (even further way) usually usually fill up quickly. So every time I come to Annapolis for something like that, I have to rent a car.

I know I could probably "car pool". But with the nature of my job, there's always the chance that I may have to leave at a moments notice, because a regular customer needs me and it can't wait.

I am going to try for the 4th. If so, I'll be renting a car again.

(And, no, I don't use the stadium lot and "take the shuttle". Been there. Done that. Didn't go well.)

There are also some free 9 hour on-street parking spaces along King George street by St. John's College. They do fill up pretty early, but I've gotten lucky with someone pulling out, etc. a few times. It's always worth a quick cruise by to check it out.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Annapolis has quite a bit of metered parking on the streets within a couple of blocks on all sides of the State House. Isn't usually hard to find one. Pretty cheap, too.

City of Annapolis just elected its first Republican Mayor in decades, so at least the local host government is friendly, as long as it lasts.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Will definately be there for the gauntlet. Waiting for word on leave request for how long I can stay.

Walking from the Stadium takes about as long as waiting for the shuttle. Cruising the neighborhood for an open , legal space usually takes about as long as the trip from the stadium. I have a cpl secret spots , but if I told they wouldn't be secret any more.

Not sure what info was being looked for, but either park as above , or in downtown commercial garage. Come to the front entrance of the Capitol ( the side facing away from harbor , and twords stadium. Unless there is overflow to the steps , there will be ( private citizens spontanously observing the legislative process) covering the hallway inside.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    Wish I could make this one, but I have tables at the Timonium Gun Show. I made the last one, and I know making a stand counts, but our wonderful senators and delegates couldn't care less if there were 100,000 gun owners there...they were still going to pass SB281.

This is for Wednesday, when the session opens.

I may be able to make the evening shift, assuming of course they do something other than a pro forma part-day.

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    This is for Wednesday, when the session opens.

I may be able to make the evening shift, assuming of course they do something other than a pro forma part-day.

I exchanged a few PMs with N-a-o and think most things were answered, but the "evening shift" is one that I don't know about. Anybody know if the critters will be there, and if anyone else is going to stop by and say "Hi" then? I'll be there early, and maybe try to hook up with some others for lunch if there is any interest.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    I exchanged a few PMs with N-a-o and think most things were answered, but the "evening shift" is one that I don't know about. Anybody know if the critters will be there, and if anyone else is going to stop by and say "Hi" then? I'll be there early, and maybe try to hook up with some others for lunch if there is any interest.

Meet in the lobby of the State House, shake hands, up to the gallery for a bit, lunch (play the timing by ear) See reps if we can. What's the name of that awesome diner? Maybe there?

How's that sound?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom