• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    Done. Wrote him a lengthy note at the end. He seems to be at least someone who is willing to have an open mind.

Pablopac

pablopac
    Aug 7, 2012
    Done. Every member should complete this survey and include comments. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
    Pablo

Dreamquencher

Grammar Nazgûl
    Jan 20, 2013
    Undisclosed Location, MD
    Done and done.

Text added at end:

As a former LtCol in the U.S. military, and long-time Maryland resident since 1967 (except for part of my time on active duty), I urge you to oppose any and all bills, amendments, or measures that would restrict the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding Maryland citizens. Specifically, there is no scientific, rational reason to ban or restrict modern sporting rifles (AR-15s, AK-47s, etc.), as they are ALL semi-automatic, NOT automatic like the M-16s/M-4s I was trained to use in the military.

Tens of thousands (and perhaps more) of honest Maryland citizens own modern sporting rifles, which just happen to LOOK like military machine guns. The problem is not black guns; it is criminally insane people with inadequate mental health care gaining access to guns (especially handguns, which kill approximately 200 times more Marylanders than rifles of all kinds every year, according to FBI statistics.)

Please oppose all legislation restricting sane, law-abiding, eligible citizens from owning popular semi-automatic rifles, and please oppose all additional limits on magazine sizes (Marylanders already cannot buy or transfer magazines with a capacity greater than 20 per Maryland law). Thank you for your support of our 2nd Amendment rights.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Welcome to the hall of mirrors everyone.

Miller's looking for wiggle room on this legislation, it appears. Of course we don't know his true motivation by putting this up, but we could just perhaps give him the tools to give us some defense to Herr Frosh's bill.

This is the best opening we've had yet.

Please, please, please.....keep it civil in any comments. Miller has been our shield in many instances over the years. Now is not the time to alienate him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom