• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Im looking for a new handgun and I'm leaning in the direction of sig. Any positive or negative info would be apreciated .

For 500 bucks less you can buy a glock and and still have the same performance plus now you have 500 saved bucks to buy ammo, bacon, American flags, and old spice.

Do Sigs come with Ed Hardy shirts and hair gel or is that a pistol package upgrade? The Sig operators manual shows how to properly fist pump before shooting.

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    For 500 bucks less you can buy a glock and and still have the same performance plus now you have 500 saved bucks to buy ammo, bacon, American flags, and old spice.

Do Sigs come with Ed Hardy shirts and hair gel or is that a pistol package upgrade? The Sig operators manual shows how to properly fist pump before shooting.

Ahahahahahaha! Nice!

Seriously though, Sigs are very well made guns. If the sticker price is a bit rich for your blood (esp considering IF you have to use it in a self defense role, you may never see the gun again) then a new SP2022 gives you all the SIG goodness at the price of a glock. Same with German made used SIGs.

I have several SIGs and they are all fantastic guns. Reliable and accurate.

Venge

Dec 6, 2013
    Frederick Co.

I'd have taken an Affliction tee. Do Glocks come with a "starving gun owner, muh guns need ammo" sign and a collection cup?

I'm kiddin'.... C'mon buddy, fist-bump?

Nah, I really like the Glock 17... I was holding it and the 226 side by side in a shop trying to make up my mind when I decided I liked the grip on the sig more. Plus, I had that whole JSSAP thing to consider...

iobidder

1 point'er
    Nov 11, 2011
    Everywhere

Yeah, stick to your department issued Glock, and turn around and carry a sig off duty for a reason.

Sig 226, or the SigPro 2022 are both genius made and styled guns. I am bias to Sig Sauer and love them, own a shitload of them, and I take my 2022 with me everywhere. It is a tough SOB!

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    My first handgun was a SIG 226 in .40/.357SIG. I have over 10k rounds through it - never had a single malfunction. I used to shoot empty beer cans at 100yds for a challenge. It's bulletproof.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    Yeah, stick to your department issued Glock, and turn around and carry a sig off duty for a reason.

Sig 226, or the SigPro 2022 are both genius made and styled guns. I am bias to Sig Sauer and love them, own a shitload of them, and I take my 2022 with me everywhere. It is a tough SOB!

2022/SigPro is a highly underrated gun.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Buy a gun that's comfortable in your hand and fits. That's more important than a brand name.

I like Sigs but can't shoot them worth a damn, they just don't fit me. Glocks fit like a glove and that's what I shoot most of the time.

Good thing cause I don't like Ed Hardy, hair gell or fist bumps.

:D

In all seriousness, try and hit up a range that rents handguns and try out a bunch, see what you like and make your mind up. It may save you some cash in the long run.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    Carried the P226 every day in Condition 2 (loaded/decocked) alongside all of my buddies while in Iraq. Never once did we have an ND. And we were all Intel Pukes who had never been issued sidearms before.

Yeah, it would take a special kind of stupid to ND a SIG in DA.

Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County
    I like Sigs. Between my wife and I, we have a few. All work well.

I would not hesitate to buy another or even several more. And to carry one for personal protection or have it around the house for home defense.

They are like the Mercedes of firearms. The Glock is a Kia. :)

kia? nope, it doesn't fall apart at 101k miles.

glock is the toyota camry of handguns. it does its job every time with 0 excitement.

however i will say that my glock shoots much better than my camry drives ;)

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Buy a gun that's comfortable in your hand and fits. That's more important than a brand name.

I like Sigs but can't shoot them worth a damn, they just don't fit me. Glocks fit like a glove and that's what I shoot most of the time.

Good thing cause I don't like Ed Hardy, hair gell or fist bumps.

:D

In all seriousness, try and hit up a range that rents handguns and try out a bunch, see what you like and make your mind up. It may save you some cash in the long run.

I'm glad you mentioned this. I'm the exact opposite, I wanted to like Glocks, they just didn't feel right. Sigs and M&P's have the same basic angles and work well for me.

Mickey the Dragon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2009
    Ohio
    I really, really wanted a Sig because Sigs are awesome and sexy and awesome. But I also wanted to make sure I was buying the best gun for me. So I went out and I rented several and, much to my chagrin, learned that I shoot the Glock 17 much better and honestly prefer it. I was pissed. I really wanted to like the Sig more, but I couldn't get there. Glocks are ugly and they aren't Super Tactical Spec Ops Hair Gel Approved, but they work. More importantly, they work for me.

Bottom Line: Go out, shoot a bunch of different handguns, and find the one that works best for you.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011

Oh I'll be carrying a Sig off duty but it will be the 357 variety made by glock (33)

Why is it that Sig owners are the only ones who still roll cigarette packs up in their left sleeve so you can see their cross tattoo and silver chain :)

I actually do like them a lot.....for me its a price point. 800 for a gun that is almost identical to a glock IMHO except with a hammer. Don't like the glock grip? Spend 8 bucks on a houge grip. To keep it in perspective I'd carry two model 19s at work if I could hahahaha.

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    I own Sigs and like them but it does really help to try out a lot of different rental pistols. You might be surprised by what fits you best.

To answer your question though; 9mm 226 generally points and groups really well for me. I've never minded the DA and it's a very nice factory SA. Overall mine have been ultra reliable. Makes no functional difference but they're lookers too.

They're a nice chunk of sculpted engineering but none of that would matter if they didn't fit my hand well. Lot of nice guns out there. Don't always have to pay a ton for them either.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN

Same performance? I'll say same reliability for sure. I've never had the same accuracy out of my Glocks as i get out of my P226. Could just be ME however. I've never done a real controlled test. But I always hear about Sig and Hk accuracy. I am more accurate with both over my Glock.

And VW bug? VW break easy as all hell. Glocks are like LS motors if anything. Everyone has one and it just works.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Same performance? I'll say same reliability for sure. I've never had the same accuracy out of my Glocks as i get out of my P226. Could just be ME however. I've never done a real controlled test. But I always hear about Sig and Hk accuracy. I am more accurate with both over my Glock.

And VW bug? VW break easy as all hell. Glocks are like LS motors if anything. Everyone has one and it just works.

You get back to freedom, Mac and cheese, and 500 yard ranges!! :gun7:

matt

No one special
    Apr 9, 2011
    I really, really wanted a Sig because Sigs are awesome and sexy and awesome. But I also wanted to make sure I was buying the best gun for me. So I went out and I rented several and, much to my chagrin, learned that I shoot the Glock 17 much better and honestly prefer it. I was pissed. I really wanted to like the Sig more, but I couldn't get there. Glocks are ugly and they aren't Super Tactical Spec Ops Hair Gel Approved, but they work. More importantly, they work for me.

Bottom Line: Go out, shoot a bunch of different handguns, and find the one that works best for you.
    Don't worry. Once you get one firearm, you'll learn they need friends, and these friends are like rabbits. Before you know it, your safe is to small, then your next safe is too small, and like your firearms the safes also start to multiply like rabbits.

Your wallet hurt yet?

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sigs are good dependable guns. Have two, last bought was a 1911 C3 model. Commander size, no problems at all! Next hope to get a P226. Good thing with Sigs is that you can purchase kits from Sig to convert your gun to different caliber.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom