Any IPs able to get LEO pricing on Colt's?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trbon8r

Ultimate Member
    I'm interested in ordering one of the new Colt SP901 rifles. Are there any IPs here that have LEO pricing on Colts? I've also got a couple rifles I might like to use as a partial trade or consignment towards the purchase of the Colt. Thanks! :)

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    Waiting to find out. I'm sure we will be down there come August through October. My time instructing may or may not be up. I'm past the time limit but no word so far on transfers! The Colt looks sharp though! My buddy handled one at SHOT and enjoyed it.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    For those wondering....

http://www.coltsmfg.com/Catalog/ColtRifles/SP901.aspx

Colt-SP901-L-E_W.png

Engage Armament

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 30, 2010
    Rockville, MD
    Colt SP901s as far as I know are not available right now. I have had them ordered since they were announced though. However, we do not offer any specific discounts for LE from the manufacturer as there isnt a specific programs that I am aware of through Colt(unlike Glock or Beretta). If you're looking for a set discount you may want to try an LE distributor directly or even Lawman Supply in Clinton.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Colt SP901s as far as I know are not available right now. I have had them ordered since they were announced though. However, we do not offer any specific discounts for LE from the manufacturer as there isnt a specific programs that I am aware of through Colt(unlike Glock or Beretta). If you're looking for a set discount you may want to try an LE distributor directly or even Lawman Supply in Clinton.

You already know I'm not an ar guy but didn't you just have some special serial numbered ar for sale?

trbon8r

Ultimate Member
    Impact Guns is taking orders at $1999 but that is not an LE price. I thought I would see what one of our IPs might be able to do and if they could order the gun for an LE price while working with me on a Colt 6920 and Yugo M70 AK I have for trade or sale.

HardHatMan

FBHO
    Jul 14, 2009
    Virginia
    Andy, please let us know when you get some in. I have been wanting one since last January. What's the expected price from you guys?

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    FYI-The first run of commercial 901's are set to go to manufacture in February and you should see them at distributors by March.

axshon

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Howard County
    Looking for more info on this and not finding much. I'm looking at the images and videos I've found around and they all say you can switch the upper over to 'any' 5.56 upper. Problem looks to me like the front pivot pin is all wrong for any regular AR upper I'm familiar with. Does it have to be Colt specific? Also, what's the deal with the 'universal multi-caliber lower'? Don't see anything about how a 5.56 mag will go into it.

Af_catfish

Abandon All Hope
    Sep 6, 2011
    Bremen, Ohio
    The pivot pin is in an odd place. Maybe they did that to fit with the 5.56 uppers. Since the 7.62 magwell is bigger. They may come out with specific magazines to use with the 5.56 uppers. Or they may have a block you would install to use the STANAG mags. Much the way pistol caliber AR uppers use with the standard lower.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Looking for more info on this and not finding much. I'm looking at the images and videos I've found around and they all say you can switch the upper over to 'any' 5.56 upper. Problem looks to me like the front pivot pin is all wrong for any regular AR upper I'm familiar with. Does it have to be Colt specific? Also, what's the deal with the 'universal multi-caliber lower'? Don't see anything about how a 5.56 mag will go into it.

There should be some pictures online from the Shot Show but basically it works like this. There is a proprietary aluminum mag block that goes on the 5.56 upper you wish to use. The mag block attaches to the 5.56 upper by a pin through the upper's forward pivot hole. The mag block itself has another forward pivot hole dropped down to fit the larger 7.62 lower. With the mag block in place the rifle will then take all regular 5.56 mags. The block is aluminum and high quality and mimics the mil-spec magwell precisely. It sounds complicated but it's very easy to use and the receivers snap together quickly with little fuss. I know because I did it repeatedly at the Shot Show. Other than the mag block all you then need to do to shoot 5.56 is change out the buffer and spring (but not the tube).

You can see a conversion and the mag block here.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Just contact Colt. I dont know if Lawmen Supply is a colt authorized LEO. That may be worth a call, too. They tend to be good folks there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom