• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrPiBB

Feb 15, 2013
    I was looking for some ammo and was curious if anyone has any suggestions on 223. I am new to the gun ownership and did know if anyone recommends a certian 223 ammo and where are people trying to buy it from? (When stock is avable. Or can u place orders and they will send it when it comes in?).

Thanks.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    This probably won't help you in the current ammo appocolypse, but WalMart sells 100 packs of Federal .223 for something like $35 a box. Obviously these are a HOT item at the moment and disappear minutes after being placed on the shelves, so getting .223 from WM is like finding a needle in a haystack. If you see .223 at WM, GRAB IT. Otherwise, whereever you can get it but I'd be reluctant to pay more than 50 cents a round.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Molly's place in kennedyville had federal xm193 still in stock last night, plenty of boxes left. 2 box limit per caliber, 1 brick of .22 only.

MrPiBB

Feb 15, 2013
    Thanks for info I am not trying to pay more then .50 a round. But guess I need to not be so picky. I would love to get 100 rd for 35.

r3t1awr3yd

Meh.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 14, 2010
    Bowie, MD
    I found 50 rounds last night for pretty cheap... :innocent0:innocent0

8512059281_db3fc6b544.jpg

platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    I saw some on my pa trip yesterday but it was 15/box so I passed. Then I went to another shop and they had a bunch but it was 20/box. Good thing i reload and have plenty of components for when my stash starts to dwindle.

usmc_mech02

Jan 4, 2013
    jacks gun works in havre de grace had some this past Saturday. going for 20 a box. call befor you go though. hes closed sundays and wed. 410-939-6082. they just say hello when you answere. very informal but jacks a good guy

SevernBob

It's All Boogered Up
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 17, 2012
    Severn
    I was at Barts yesterday. They had a limited stock of .223 American Eagle and PMC. I think they were both 55gr. 20 rd boxes for $16.99 with a limit of 2 per customer. It's on the rack facing the door as you walk in.

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    I was in Baltimore's Best Pawn and saw some .223 in the case at .80/round.

My understanding is that some if it came from another MDS member. I wish they had offered it for sale here for whatever they had been paid.

pilotguy

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Woodstock, MD
    I travel around for work a lot, and have been working in Columbia SC the past few weeks. Although PSA is not showing stock online, their stores are well stocked with guns and ammo. Now they say that their stores are under-stocked from normal, but their under-stocked stores are more well stocked than stores up here. They have all ammo in stock and even have AR's, etc. For example, DPMS AR-15's for $799.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom