any ranges offering free shooting to furlough feds?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    Congress is about to pass a bill stating that you'll be paid retroactively when the shutdown is over, so you're actually on a paid vacation. You should be paying for my range time.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/federal_government/house-and-senate-bills-would-pay-federal-workers-for-shutdown-furloughs/2013/10/03/d2fc8096-2c58-11e3-97a3-ff2758228523_story.html

Federal contractors are on LWOP. Unpaid vacation. A retroactive bill to authorize back pay won't get me my hours back and I won't be getting a paycheck...

So how about not everyone be quick to jump to conclusions. Yes feds will get paid. The thousands of contractors won't.

There are plenty of bars giving furlough rounds away, perhaps try that OP. As to your shooting? Perhaps it's a luxury you can't afford right now.

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    If you must know, Select Fire in Glen Bernie. It's unadvertised, though. They won't tell you about it over the phone. You have to go in and ask.

Yeah, I know of this as well. Also, since you are in Parkville, Just Guns offers free cleaning kits to furloughed feds. Talk to the guy wearing all of the camo.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    There is not much sympathy here for people that are told to stay home and we will pay you for the time that you missed when you come back to work. The Federal Government has shut down many, many times. The furloughed workers always get back pay.

Ragnar

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2013
    Berkeley Springs, WV
    Federal contractors are on LWOP. Unpaid vacation. A retroactive bill to authorize back pay won't get me my hours back and I won't be getting a paycheck...

So how about not everyone be quick to jump to conclusions. Yes feds will get paid. The thousands of contractors won't.

The OP asked about free range time for "furloughed feds."

chevydave

Sep 24, 2011
    severna park
    Are there any ranges offerings free shooting to furloughed feds?

You sir are a strange bird first the thread about how to take your neighbors guns into your possession because they police confiscated them from her because she was trying to commit suicide and now this thread........

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    You sir are a strange bird first the thread about how to take your neighbors guns into your possession because they police confiscated them from her because she was trying to commit suicide and now this thread........

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

He hasn't been back to answer any of these posts either.

cogcon

COGCON
    MDS Supporter
    My buddy and I (both furloughed) just came back from Delmarva. A little 308, some bump-fire SBR AR-15, and a few slugs from his new Mossberg Cruiser.

Nice trip from AA County. We got a great discount...$20 each for ALL DAY. They even had a coupon for 10% off. We couldn't believe it. We had money left to stop at Popeye's on the way back. What a nice gift to us furloughed feds.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    It's always entertaining when a government employee gets dragged, kicking and screaming, into the real world temporarily and they experience what the rest of us deal with.

thegoose

gun loving fanatic
    Feb 16, 2013
    parkville, md
    Hey I've worked for the government since 9-11. I don't make money like a lot of my coworkers. Maybe I don't kiss enough ass. I want to be back to work asap. I had to sign that I read the law that states I can't get other employment while furloughed which sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom