• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    I'm in the market for an M1 bayonet to complete my WWII ensemble.

Has anyone bought bayonets from CMP? It seems like a better deal than trying to haggle knife guys at the gun show. Besides, CMP is always a worthy cause.

mvee

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 13, 2007
    Crofton
    I bought two from James river. I think they were 75 for two. They were cut down from 1942.

dancnr

Jul 27, 2011
    Washington County
    I just got one last month, they had a big influx of orders after they put a good deal of inventory on their website in November so they were back logged mine took about as long as my garand to finally ship, but other than the longer than normal wait time it showed up covered in grease and after a quick wipe down was ready to go. I got one of the 10 inch, not the cut down ones, the later production variety and the markings are clear and its in good shape. Although, it doesn't have much bluing left. I figured I saw repros listed for almost as much so why not spring an extra 15 or 20 and get a real one.

metalman3006

Gun Hoarder
    Sep 6, 2007
    Church Hill, MD
    I bought a few and was not happy with them. One was sharpened and I did not get the ones I requested. Most were not i n good shape. I should of sent them back but was just to busy at work to deal with it.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    I got a 10'', it's great and can stick just about anything. Oh and the bayo from CMP is nice.

:D

skyhawk72

Jan 11, 2012
    I bought an Oneida from the last year, as well as a few of my shooting buddies. We were pleased with ours, we were even lucky enough to get 4 of 5 with year date stamps. They were a good value for the money.

Teemus

MSI Executive Member
    Jul 28, 2009
    I bought mine (for an M1) from Sunny's Surplus in Towson in 1964 for $5.00.

c&rdaze

Oct 2, 2007
    Southern MD
    I just ordered three M-1s today to round out some missing ones for my collection. I've never had a bad deal from the CMP. Some were better than others but none were bad. I'm looking for an M-1 size scabbard for a Danish 10" that I have but they didn't have any of the right scabbards.

I'd have ordered a while ago but my estore account had some logging in issues.

I'm trying not to order another Garand but I'm losing the fight with myself. :innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom