Anyone else having problems with Perfecta 9mm?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    Am I the only one having problems with this ammo? I grabbed a few cases over the Winter and I've now tried a box from at least 4 different cases. They all do pretty much the same thing. 1/10 rounds will make a huge fireball and blow hot powder in my face.

Here is the lot info from the 4 different cases I tried last night. Not really sure what to do at this point.

Attachments

• ThreeLots.jpg
      ThreeLots.jpg
      43.5 KB · Views: 425

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Meh, quit yer whinin. I haven't had a single problem in about 1,000 rounds of that stuff :rasp:

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    That doesn't sound good, but in my experience that ammo has been fantastic for the price! Much better than Tulammo for example.

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    That doesn't sound good, but in my experience that ammo has been fantastic for the price! Much better than Tulammo for example.

That is what I keep hearing from other people. I bought 5-6 cases at once from Middle River Wal-Mart and I can't imagine all of it was screwed up but anything is possible. I'll just stash this away in case crap really, really hits the fan.

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    Must be some type of cleaning load to blow out carbon. Lol.

I did read early on when the sale hit of inconsistency. I remember one person saying they experienced a round that sounded subsonic followed by a round that felt like HD round.

I have not had that experience though.

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    Perfecta 9mm in my hands feels consistently lighter than any other factory ammo i've shot including Winchester low recoil.
    I was tempted to try it at a match this weekend, but i was actually concerned it wouldnt pass chrono!
    (idve tested it myself, but my chrono recently had a malfunction... I took it apart and found a .45 bullet inside it messing things up! i wonder how it got there...)

gre24ene

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2012
    I was at On Target last week and the guy next to me was shooting 9mm perfecta. I know this because I heard him firing shots every 1-2 seconds and the last shot of the magazine sounded like 357 magnum. I looked at him and mentioned the REALLY hot load, and he said it actually blew the magazine out of the Sig he was shooting. I asked what brand he was shooting. PERFECTA.

Keystone70

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    HoCo
    I have shot hundreds of this ammo in 9mm and 223 with no issues at all. I shot it in the WV match where it was chrono tested and came in right where it belonged.
    Plenty available at Walmart at a good price.

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    Had one 9mm round with a buckled case, like the bottom edge of the bullet caught the mouth of the case as it was being seated. I pulled the bullet out of the case by hand.

Also, one box of 9mm had one round of .380 in it. It fired in my G17 and had a light report; looked at the case and discovered the issue. Was just busy cramming rounds in 2 17 rounders and 2 33 rounders and must've just missed it. Woke me up a bit; gotta pay more attention. Don't know how I didn't feel the difference when loading, but....

All the 45, 223, 357, and the rest of the 9mm I've fired have all been fine and shot well. That's about 800 rounds of 9mm, 600 of 223, 50 rounds of 357, and 250-300 45s.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    As a service to you good folks; those unsatisfied with the Perfecta and are concerned for their safety can call me to remove it from your households.

It's for your well-being ;)

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    As a service to you good folks; those unsatisfied with the Perfecta and are concerned for their safety can call me to remove it from your households.

It's for your well-being ;)

Not a chance! It ain't all that. Nice try though ;)

Keystone70

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    HoCo
    I have had winchester and federal rounds with bad crimping too. Maybe one or two. I think if you shoot enough, you'll find an occasional bad factory round from any brand.
    I too will freely dispose of anyone's perfecta ammo as community service.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I have had winchester and federal rounds with bad crimping too. Maybe one or two. I think if you shoot enough, you'll find an occasional bad factory round from any brand.
    I too will freely dispose of anyone's perfecta ammo as community service.

We are simply trying to keep the community happy and safe :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom