• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • anil

Sep 28, 2008
    Silver Spring, MD
    If so, I've got some brass for you. If not, I'm not sure what to do with it.

Started resizing my sack of fired surplus 308. Apparently 1/2 of it is berdan primed. Bought it so long ago (way before I started reloading), I probably only looked for non-corrosive, so I guess I'm lucky any of it is boxer primed at all.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    anil, there is enough boxer stuff out there that most will never bother. I won't. I leave the bedamned (i mean berdan) primed stuff lay. If you police your range, just stuff it in a bucket as Jerry says and recycle for cash.

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    anil, there is enough boxer stuff out there that most will never bother. I won't. I leave the bedamned (i mean berdan) primed stuff lay. If you police your range, just stuff it in a bucket as Jerry says and recycle for cash.

Amen, it can be done, it is time consuming (a PITA), but there are several ways to do it, one way involves water in a hydraulic fashion to push the primer out, another is a tool that "hooks" the primer in the same way as a bottle opener.

-Rock

Sonofagun

Mar 8, 2011
    Montgomery Co.
    Put them in a 5 gallon bucket. When full, take the bucket to a metal recycle business, put $30-$40 in pocket.

Good luck

Jerry

I was looking at my reloading book and in first couple of pages of the Metallic cartridges chapter it has a big X on Berdan primers.:(

Go w/ Jerry M's advice.

Cowboy T

:lol:

Hadn't heard that one before. That's a good one! And I agree. The only use for it is if your gun is chambered in something really rare, for which only Berdan brass is available. Otherwise, be green and recycle it!

10xclean

MDS Supporter
    Dec 23, 2008
    Kingsville
    Recyle that berdan .308 If I had a gun with brass so rare that I had to fool with berdan primers... I would sell it. Not worth the hassle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom