• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boss66tcode

a bit of an Eddie Haskle
    Sep 8, 2008
    in 'da hills
    To the 2 males approximately 6' tall, of medium build with light complexions shooting pumpkins near the C2 road gate at the Frederick Watershed this afternoon:

You were reported to DNR. I don't know if they arrived in time to write you a citation. Here is a link to the Maryland DNR Hunting Guide. Reading it will allow you an opportunity to brush up on MD hunting laws.
    http://www.dnr.state.md.us/huntersguide/
    You are not smarter than a 4th grader, because once I arrived home and described the scenario to my 9 year old son, he was able to describe to me which hunting regulations were violated. (Hint: You violated at least 2). Your choice of a rocky backstop is risky due to riccochets.

I have an AR too, but any mag dumps I do are done at a range where they are allowed or on private land out of state with appropriate permission.

Please learn from your mistakes because its behavior like this that gives the anti's more fuel for OweMalley's anti 2A fire.

I suspect the2 other hunters were equally as annoyed.

RANT OVER

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    RANT NOT OVER.
    THAT is pure stupidity, and disrespectful to others.
    A license tag # would go long way.
    These guys need to go to jail.
    As an aside, that's why I knife downed deer, instead of a possible
    riccochet. But some on this forum laughed at me.
    Hope they don't get shards in their eyes..

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Do you really think that they are members here? I hope you are just venting. I would like to think that MDS members are better than this.

boss66tcode

a bit of an Eddie Haskle
    Sep 8, 2008
    in 'da hills
    Do you really think that they are members here? I hope you are just venting. I would like to think that MDS members are better than this.

When plates are snow obstructed, you can't really identify a tag #.

I don't know that they are members here, but I bet there are few area
    AR owner who don't at least know about these forums.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Stupid question perhaps, but since I don't know the place, would such target shooting be legal there outside of deer season?

PMD354

Was this near the watershed at the top of 77? My nephew has 19 acres at the top of the mountain that butts up to the watershed. I was up there opening day and around 2 o'clock some jackass fired 12 rounds, I think it was through a pistol because I heard 6 shots and a minute or 2 later 6 again. I wasn't real happy and was worried because there were 4 of us hunting and one was a 7 year old with his dad.

boss66tcode

a bit of an Eddie Haskle
    Sep 8, 2008
    in 'da hills
    Its posted no target shooting.
    It was state land.

I really hate doing posts about bad behavior here, but I felt it needed to be said. I suspect that the folks today were not the only ones ever to have done so.

boss66tcode

a bit of an Eddie Haskle
    Sep 8, 2008
    in 'da hills
    Was this near the watershed at the top of 77? My nephew has 19 acres at the top of the mountain that butts up to the watershed. I was up there opening day and around 2 o'clock some jackass fired 12 rounds, I think it was through a pistol because I heard 6 shots and a minute or 2 later 6 again. I wasn't real happy and was worried because there were 4 of us hunting and one was a 7 year old with his dad.

I didn't call it in until I counted round # 30.

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    Stupid question perhaps, but since I don't know the place, would such target shooting be legal there outside of deer season?
    It is illegal to target practice any time of year unless you are at a designated
    shooting range -and I know of NO WMA that allows target shooting.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia

There have been a few that have been banned that I could see doing it. Sometimes, too stupid to know any better. Glad there weren't injuries from the stupidity.

Q

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Pretty stupid. Screw ricochets, there could have been other people directly in their field of fire. Very irresponsible especially in hunting season. Another reason I cant wait to move. In CO you can drive up, find a deserted spot in the mountains and blast away with no problems. Nobody bitches and calls the cops, but there is also nobody else around. This state sucks. It is too crowded and too restrictive.

boss66tcode

a bit of an Eddie Haskle
    Sep 8, 2008
    in 'da hills
    Pretty stupid. Screw ricochets, there could have been other people directly in their field of fire. Very irresponsible especially in hunting season. Another reason I cant wait to move. In CO you can drive up, find a deserted spot in the mountains and blast away with no problems. Nobody bitches and calls the cops, but there is also nobody else around. This state sucks. It is too crowded and too restrictive.

+1

Less than 10 years and I'll have my own midwestern real estate with plenty of places to shoot. Its tis kind of stuff that makes me count the months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom