• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • offroaD

Jun 1, 2011
    I built an AR using the EA billet set, and the set it self doesn't have a "problem" per say but I guess since the walls are thicker to add strength the magpul BAD lever I bought doesn't work. There is not enough clearance and the wall of the upper pushes against the backside of the lever pressing the bolt catch in causing it to rub against the bolt. My question is do you guys know if there is a different manufactuer who makes one of these levers that wouldnt have problems?

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    There are a few out there that replace the bolt release instead of bolting to the standard spec release. Phase 5 is one that I can think of.

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    Phase 5 V2. I put one on the same set up and it's outstanding. It's a full one piece replacement not just a screw on lever. Much better imho and works with the EA billet stuff

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421199259.909773.jpg

offroaD

Jun 1, 2011
    Phase 5 V2. I put one on the same set up and it's outstanding. It's a full one piece replacement not just a screw on lever. Much better imho and works with the EA billet stuff

View attachment 141306

Cool! I'll look into getting one, but I just spent 30 bucks on the magpull and I thought maybe if I file a little bit of material from that back that it might work, but it didn't and I didnt want to file too much and make it weak so there goes 30 bucks. :(

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I built an AR using the EA billet set, and the set it self doesn't have a "problem" per say but I guess since the walls are thicker to add strength the magpul BAD lever I bought doesn't work. There is not enough clearance and the wall of the upper pushes against the backside of the lever pressing the bolt catch in causing it to rub against the bolt. My question is do you guys know if there is a different manufactuer who makes one of these levers that wouldnt have problems?

EA said in a thread that the BAD Lever wouldnt work, due to clearances, but you can use the Phase 5 Lever, that replaces the current bolt release lever.

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...tyle-308-extended-bolt-release-prod31943.aspx

t_100-004-899_10.jpg

outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    Yes, the Phase V would probably work. I had to go with that on my AS side charger for similar reasons. Nice thing about the Phase Vs is if needed, you grind a little of the back side for proper clearance. If you want to try the fit on my lower, let me know. I'm home all day every day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom