• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    AR15 lower receiver build party - Hagerstown

Date/Time yet to be determined

I've decided to throw a lower build party at my place once all the lowers from the group buy come in, are transferred, and everyone has had a chance to buy a LBK and/or stock kit. The event will take place at my house, probably in the evening after 6pm, during the week, or on a Saturday or Sunday morning/afternoon, depending on what schedule works best for the majority of attendees.

Beer will be available after the event :beer:

Conditions for attendance are that you either have a lower(s) that need to be built-up, or that you have tools/experience and would like to be present to contribute to the overall knowledge of the event. You must also be a MDShooters member, or friends/family with a MDShooters member (PM me to check if with me if you or someone else who wants to attend are not a member here). Membership with the website is free. One final requirement is that I must have at least met you once in real life before you can attend (if I do not know you, shoot me a PM and I can easily make exceptions). I don't want a bunch of strangers in my garage. If you want to meet up with me sometime to go shooting, or just to have lunch, a beer somewhere, whatever, and introduce yourself, that would be great! If you're not sure if you qualify, just PM me and we will work something out. Chances are if you're a MDShooters member of good standing you will be more than welcome to attend. The more the merrier!

This is NOT an official MDShooters sanctioned event.

I have at least two lowers coming from the April 2011 Spikes Lower Group Buy that need to be built up. Attendees will watch me install each parts group, one at a time, and then each person will subsequently install theirs. For instance, everyone will first watch me install my magazine catch groups on both of my lowers, then everyone will take turns installing their magazine catch groups. Once everyone's magazine catches are installed, we will move on to the trigger guard, etc, until everyone's lowers are complete.

What you will need:
    Attends that are building up their lowers will need at least one stripped lower. You lower does not necessarily have to be from the group buy. Any AR15 or AR10 lower will be permitted. You will also need a lower parts kit and/or stock kit to complete your build. If you only want to install certain parts, for instance only a lower parts kit, only a stock kit, or just a new trigger, that's fine too. Anyone wishing to attend simply to lend a hand or provide backup/extra tools is also welcome. Also, if you intend to build up a lower in the future you are welcome to attend just to watch and learn.

I have all the tools we will need, including brass hammer, drift pin punches, roll pin punches, AR-15 multitool (mostly for the castle nut wrench it contains), allen wrenches, needle nose pliers, gunsmith's screwdriver kit, etc. :thumbsup:

I have built-up several AR-15 lowers and as the event unfolds I will have built-up several more. It's really all quite easy, and if you just want to attend only to watch and learn, you are welcome to stop out, and then build up your own lower later on your own.

If you think you will be attending, please post here in this thread and I will make a list of attendees. If you have any comments or questions, feel free to post in this thread or PM me. At this point, as we don't know for sure a specific time frame for when the lowers from the group buy will be availble to pick up, I cannot say for sure when this event will kick off. It will likely be late May or early June, again, depending on how long it takes for the lowers to come in. If there are any major scheduling conflicts, I may consider throwing two parties at separate dates/times.

If you do not like Yuenglings Lager you are encouraged to bring a 6-pack of your own. :D

Directions to the event will be provided via PM, no later than a week before the event, to all attendees who don't know where I live.

Attendance:
    adjusterr
    buzzzyy
    Fodder4Thought
    hairba111
    hole punch +1
    Jester1341
    Longhammer
    mbz300sdl
    mcbruzdzinski
    McPlink?
    rayg5102
    ride4frnt
    Sev
    THier

Last edited:

McPlink

Feb 6, 2011
    Western MD
    I'd like to stop by and say hello to another Hagerstonian. I just picked up an AR so don't need to build a lower but what the heck. Beers are always good to. I'll be around most of next week. I've been working nights on a stock for a Mod 12 Savage and a break would be good. PM me if you've got nothing going on next week in the eve's.

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    I'd like to stop by and say hello to another Hagerstonian. I just picked up an AR so don't need to build a lower but what the heck. Beers are always good to. I'll be around most of next week. I've been working nights on a stock for a Mod 12 Savage and a break would be good. PM me if you've got nothing going on next week in the eve's.

certainly. I'm always down for a beer :thumbsup:

Next week is bad for me, being my long week and evening hours and all, but some other time?

I don't have an AR lower but depending on what day I might stop by!

being around that many black guns at once, you're going to get infected. You'll have BRD in no time! :D

mbz300sdl

Gone living free now!!!
    Apr 12, 2010
    South Carolina
    being around that many black guns at once, you're going to get infected. You'll have BRD in no time! :D

If I was going to buy another gun that was planned I need a .45 ACP or another .357 Mag. have the Colt need a Smith or Ruger. More of a handgun person anyway.

Plus need to buy a house can't spend money on guns right now.:D

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    Can I be the first to whine about how far away this is from me??? :lol:

I would expect quite a few of these to pop up. Last group buy, or mayeb the time before that, it was in Eldersburg or somewhere in Carroll County. I was tempted to visit that one just for the experience and to meet other members.

If I was going to buy another gun that was planned I need a .45 ACP or another .357 Mag. have the Colt need a Smith or Ruger. More of a handgun person anyway.

Plus need to buy a house can't spend money on guns right now.:D

Cool, didn't know you were trying to get a house :thumbsup: We I hope you can stop out and hang out anyways. As we get up on that time period where the lowers start to come in we will start discussing which days work for the majority of us.

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    I'll be there. I'm not a AR fan but I'd like to watch like Chance in "Being There". How's that for an obscure movie quote.

it'll be to have you! :thumbsup:

I'll do my best to pick up a build kit, I should have at least a grip to install :-D.

Oh I'll deff bring beer.

John

take note that the grips (unless i'm mistaken) don't typically come with hardwear. you'll need the grip screw and grip screw washer from a lower parts kits to install most aftermarket grips.

the hogue i just installed, for instance, did not come with a screw or washer, so I had to use the existing one from my LPK.

just something to think about. you're always welcome here, john :party29:

mbz300sdl

Gone living free now!!!
    Apr 12, 2010
    South Carolina
    I would expect quite a few of these to pop up. Last group buy, or mayeb the time before that, it was in Eldersburg or somewhere in Carroll County. I was tempted to visit that one just for the experience and to meet other members.

Cool, didn't know you were trying to get a house :thumbsup: We I hope you can stop out and hang out anyways. As we get up on that time period where the lowers start to come in we will start discussing which days work for the majority of us.

Been trying since 2006, other brain gets side-tracked by females. ;)

adjusterr

Mar 28, 2011
    Indian Springs, Western MD
    Holepunch: I'm new to MD Shooters but old to guns and shooting. I have not met you but live up at Indian Springs and would like to attend the build party. I have a Colt Sporter that fortunately seems not to need anything but would like to see how the lower goes together, just in case. Any man who drinks Yuengling Lager or Black & Tan, can't be all bad.

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    Holepunch: I'm new to MD Shooters but old to guns and shooting. I have not met you but live up at Indian Springs and would like to attend the build party. I have a Colt Sporter that fortunately seems not to need anything but would like to see how the lower goes together, just in case. Any man who drinks Yuengling Lager or Black & Tan, can't be all bad.

of course!

and you know there's plenty of time to buy a stripped lower and an LPK and have them by the day of the event :innocent0

Mar 31, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    I wish i had money to build another AR, I want to build one for my wife in pink. Yuengling just happens to be my favorite beer! Would it be alright if I just came by? I could bring my guns over and take apart my AR and put it back together?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom