Armed teen shot after trying to steal sunglasses from man with concealed carry licens

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    They said he fired his gun 7 times... how many times did the kid get shot?

"several" is what the story says.

Also, it looks like the kid shot at him, too, from the photo. The story says Lanier was in his car. There are bullet holes going into the car.

Unless there's some inaccuracy in the story, which is possible.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    In the interview and in the article, they mention that the guy in the car shot 7 times. Obviously, based on the number of bullet holes going into the rear of the car, the teen thief got at least several shots off. Love the interview with the concealed carry guy's mother - she says that if the teen was raised right and had a job, this incident probably wouldn't have occurred and she encourages those with a clean record to go get a concealed carry permit.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    That's my kind of Mother! Also seems like victim needs a little more target practice since it took that many shots at the ASSalent. Wonder what kind of job he has that he has a CC? Congrats on defending yourself!!!

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Amazing how positively the story is presented since the good guy is black. If he'd been white, it would have been Trayvon, Ferguson and all the others all over again. Jackass and Sharptongue would be moaning and wailing about how it's the fault of the white man and systemic oppression. Good for the kid who defended himself, and double good for his mother who taught him NOT to be a victim.

5.56blaster

Ultimate Member
    Amazing how positively the story is presented since the good guy is black. If he'd been white, it would have been Trayvon, Ferguson and al the others all over again. Jackass and Sharptongue would be moaning and wailing about how it's the fault of the white man and systemic oppression. Good for the kid who defended himself, and double good for his mother who taught him NOT to be a victim.

Ain't that the truth!

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    In Michigan I don't think or job has anything to do with your getting a CWP or CCW. They are shall issue. Another story that will not get mainstream media coverage. They just had another armed robbery stopped by a legal carry in Detroit.

axshon

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Howard County
    Who cares! And "KID" goes out the window when you pull a gun out. F%&k him, one less bad guy on the streets.

Keep pulling the trigger until there is no present threat. If bad guy is visible and you have determined he could still be a threat after 6 shots then bad guy gets 7 (IMHO). Property is not worth dying or killing for but it doesn't matter what he's demanding if he has a gun in your face.

Nanook

F-notso-NG-anymore
    I'm calling BS. Everybody knows you have to be at least 18 to buy a handgun without a background check at a gun show......yes, this is sarcasm.

Seriously, how did the 17 year old get the gun?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Good Shoot! I'm glad he shot the thug.

So where are the gun owners that complain when light skinned people use deadly force to protect property? I mean it's JUST property (sunglasses), I mean there's like insurance to cover property. Right? RIGHT?:rolleyes:

You see, a light skinned person should run away, consult an attorney, and deal with having their property damaged or taken, or be stabbed, shot, or beaten to near death before they shold use force.:sad20:

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I pack, you pack, he, she and it packs we all pack.:D

I'm going to guess Mom and son never read an Andrew Branca book.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Amazing how positively the story is presented since the good guy is black. If he'd been white, it would have been Trayvon, Ferguson and all the others all over again. Jackass and Sharptongue would be moaning and wailing about how it's the fault of the white man and systemic oppression. Good for the kid who defended himself, and double good for his mother who taught him NOT to be a victim.

Excellent observation. The mantra then would be how the white guy values his sunglasses over a black man. No F'n doubt about it. "If he'd just given the glasses my boy would be alive". Being that it was black v black (assuming theif was) it's almost like, meh.. OK the good guy won, lets move on now.

SCDoGo

Dec 6, 2014
    Excellent observation. The mantra then would be how the white guy values his sunglasses over the life of a local child. No F'n doubt about it. "If he'd just given the glasses my boy would be alive". Being that it was black v black (assuming theif was) it's almost like, meh.. OK the good guy won, lets move on now.

FTFY. Remember, it's for the children . . . which now extends to 26 iirc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom