• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mtwoodson

May 7, 2011
    Western Eastern Shore
    An quote from an open letter dated Sept. 21 from Arthur Herbert, ATF assistant director for Enforcement Programs and Services, says, “any person who uses or is addicted to marijuana, regardless of whether his or her State has passed legislation authorizing marijuana use for medicinal purposes, is an unlawful user of or addicted to a controlled substance, and is prohibited by Federal law from possessing firearms or ammunition.”

Article in the Washington Times today says that the ATF will remove your gun rights if you have a medical marijuana prescription or card.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    What about the people who are getting their medical marijuana directly from the US government?
    Total hypocrisy.
    Ay least 4 Americans are getting medical marijuana directly from the US government every month.
    http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20110928/US.Uncle.Sam.Pot/
    Here's one of them...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MCvB1O1b88
    The funny thing is how often he relights the joint during the interview. I think the government needs a new joint-rolling machine. :lol2:

From what I've read, the govt-supplied pot is barely one step above ditch weed.

With the ATF saying medical marijuana is a prohibiting condition, it would be interesting to see what would happen if he tried to purchase a firearm.

I was on the fence before, but now I just have to say Screw Obama and his entire administration. There was hope early on that he may actually bring some sense to drug policy given what he' said in the past. But he turns out to be another drug warrior statist POS.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    So I can't do the evil weed, but I can be drunk on my ass, or have a prescription of oxycodone. I'd say someone isn't thinking this through, but that and government are one and the same.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    So I can't do the evil weed, but I can be drunk on my ass, or have a prescription of oxycodone. I'd say someone isn't thinking this through, but that and government are one and the same.

Yes to all points.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom